Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter ‘22-23 Panic Room

NorEastermass128

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Even Wolf man is throwing daggers. You know it's not good when that happens. Justifying a good season by saying it'll snow in February, but 10 hrs north.  Hate to see it. 

Lol…no daggers. I think we’re gonna be just fine here in SNE.  A normal season is enroute. And that’s fine for me. 

Oh nice! Congratulations bud.

Let me know what you think of them(smart shox)?  Have heard some real good things. And have heard some say it takes some of  the fun out of the sled(Gen 4 and Gen 5 Doos)?   
Are you on doo talk? I had read the same about the "less fun factor" with ss

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Are you on doo talk? I had read the same about the "less fun factor" with ss

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Yup…i read it too lol. Hope it’s wrong. I got a friend who has a ‘22 with SS, he loves his…but he only got to ride it a couple weeks cuz he didn’t get it until end of Feb last season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whineminster said:

As good as that was, would have been a lot more cool in December. We got to enjoy the full pack for only like a week after it was over. 

Precisely…..December sets the table….if you lose it why bother really……it’s the mood of the season that matters…..days and days of pack……

46 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s fun watching Wolfie chew weenies in the panic room. It’s like this thread was created just for his feeding schedule. 

Lmfao…:P

Some folks just say such stupid things.  Like if it doesn’t snow in December, it really has no business snowing at all the rest of the winter??  I mean WTF?  :facepalm:.    Hey winter is a week old, and if it doesn’t snow in the next 3 days…well then why bother. Such Absolute Lunacy. 

Just look above at the post before this. That’s a perfect example. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lmfao…:P

Some folks just say such stupid things.  Like if it doesn’t snow in December, it really has no business snowing at all the rest of the winter??  I mean WTF?  :facepalm:.    Hey winter is a week old, and if it doesn’t snow in the next 3 days…well then why bother. Such Absolute Lunacy. 

Just look above at the post before this. That’s a perfect example. 

Wolfie relax......I have high expectations - so what.......I want wire to wire pack that is no less than 24" for weeks......Jan 2011 is the benchmark.....I'd like to have that again but have that Boxing Day storm actually work out and then extend into mid Feb......if we can pull that off here in WeHa I'm good.....we came as close as 2 weeks either side of January in 2011 to getting that......its not a big ask.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ice1972 said:

Wolfie relax......I have high expectations - so what.......I want wire to wire pack that is no less than 24" for weeks......Jan 2011 is the benchmark.....I'd like to have that again but have that Boxing Day storm actually work out and then extend into mid Feb......if we can pull that off here in WeHa I'm good.....we came as close as 2 weeks either side of January in 2011 to getting that......its not a big ask.....

It’s all good Ice. I understand the want. I want that too. But that doesn’t happen here unfortunately.  

Ya 2011 was absolutely incredible. 93-94 was too, and 95-96 was off the charts. 2013 was great too. And ‘15 was very good(not as epic as out east), but very good nonetheless.  It can be very good here as you know. But we never go wire to wire without some type of thaw/and or Rainer in there..even in the blockbuster yrs. 

And I understand the December snow idea…I like it too. But more times than not here, it doesn’t happen in a big way. Ya we’ve had some good December's of late, but that’s not always the norm. Sometimes it comes, sometimes not.  That certainly doesn’t mean winter will be bad here…not at all. I love the snow whenever it comes, and Jan and Feb (especially Feb which features the most snow on average) are peak climo here…so I like it just as much then, as I would in December.  

And it is irritating that we couldn’t capitalize on a great set up this month…but sometimes that’s how it goes. No rhyme or reason to it, it’s just them are the breaks. 

Hang in there…let’s see what January and February brings, before we write off a “one week old” winter, Ok. 

4 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s all good Ice. I understand the want. I want that too. But that doesn’t happen here unfortunately.  

Ya 2011 was absolutely incredible. 93-94 was too, and 95-96 was off the charts. 2013 was great too. And ‘15 was very good(not as epic as out east), but very good nonetheless.  It can be very good here as you know. But we never go wire to wire without some type of thaw/and or Rainer in there..even in the blockbuster yrs. 

And I understand the December snow idea…I like it too. But more times than not here, it doesn’t happen in a big way. Ya we’ve had some good December's of late, but that’s not always the norm. Sometimes it comes, sometimes not.  That certainly doesn’t mean winter will be bad here…not at all. I love the snow whenever it comes, and Jan and Feb (especially Feb which features the most snow on average) are peak climo here…so I like it just as much then, as I would in December.  

And it is irritating that we couldn’t capitalize on a great set up this month…but sometimes that’s how it goes. No rhyme or reason to it, it’s just them are the breaks. 

Hang in there…let’s see what January and February brings, before we write off a “one week old” winter, Ok. 

Meteorological winter starts Dec 1 and ends Feb 28.  So by mid January we've lost over half the winter.  So our panic is justified.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

15 hours ago, Chris12WX said:

Alright, I’m panicking. What if it happens again? What if persistence really is the best forecast?
The next two weeks, forget about it. Wish we were Buffalo! 
And good god, next season. I don’t think I can do it again. Not another season of this same crap.

Seriously, I’m really starting to panic that they bring back Matt Patricia.

well done. 

lmao

4 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

It's facts dude. No one really cares about morch snow. 

No it’s not facts. Facts say Winter started a week ago. And goes to 3/21.  That’s facts.  And you watch how packed this place would be, if a March 10th Blizzard walked through the door in 10 weeks.  Your statements make zero sense. 

According to some they don’t care about Jan or Feb snow either..only December. 

Get a grip. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

God.  Really? 

Northern Maine will get their snow, and plenty of it. I’ll be there as soon as it’s ready. Long season up there. Not worried at all…And that’s after renting a cabin for the whole winter. You’re 3-4 hrs Closer then I am…stop worrying for god sakes. 

My buddy was out yesterday with the Arnold Trail club closing off some trails due to logging, He says the trails were not to bad.

IMG_1425.jpg

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I love when people at 1200 feet in ORH county try and credibly claim winter is over on Feb 28. :lol:

Yeah but you agree with me on meteorological winter.  Wolfie is still stuck in the stone age thinking winter starts on Christmas. I'm not saying it won't snow in morch, it certainly does. The point is we all just want seasons in seasons for it to be a primo winter. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Yeah but you agree with me on meteorological winter.  Wolfie is still stuck in the stone age thinking winter starts on Christmas. I'm not saying it won't snow in morch, it certainly does. The point is we all just want seasons in seasons for it to be a primo winter. 

But it rarely snows exactly when folks think it should. And this MET Winter BS…that’s just for orderly record keeping made up by men. So now you think the weather should snow Dec 1st To March 1st, and be done?  That’s Laughable.  And what Stone Age? So astronomical winter is the Stone Age? More comical shit.  

We all know many times there’s a lag between when winter actually starts, and when it actually gets going, in most years. Just like every season. We go through this with every season. Yet somehow folks like you think cuz somebody made up a thing called MET Winter, MET Spring etc etc… that that’s when the seasons really start and end. My goodness you’re misled. 

23 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Snowfall-wise majority of it falls after Christmas and more falls in Morch then December.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Meteorological winter is just a designated date on the calendar. It doesn’t mean anything in terms of sensible wx. Early March is a lot more wintry than early December. If you asked me what our coldest/snowiest 3 month period is from a climo standpoint, I’d prob say something like 12/10-3/10…maybe even 12/15-3/15. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3