Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter ‘22-23 Panic Room

NorEastermass128

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

He’s off his rocker…lol. Spring in mid feb now…I guess he lives In Georgia..? :axe:

The problem is that we lost December......and now everyone says shut the drapes for two weeks.....so now if things do get going then who gives AF really.....the mood of the season matters.....losing December is a big deal...it sets the table 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ice1972 said:

The problem is that we lost December......and now everyone says shut the drapes for two weeks.....so now if things do get going then who gives AF really.....the mood of the season matters.....losing December is a big deal...it sets the table 

bet the house on someone mentioning 2015..

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

I completely disagree.  Most years we lose December in SNE.  You need to move out west in the high plains or sierras. 

And to be honest I give a fuck….I’ll take the snow on 1/15 or 2/15 and 3/15!!  All  3 of those months it’s F’n winter. You and a few others are so dam disillusioned its pathetic.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

bet the house on someone mentioning 2015..

Hey pal…the same talk was going around a month from now in 2015 too when nothing was happening at the end of that January.  I think that’s more the point. What happened to you?  Sadly and Unfortunately You have become a spoon just like Qg and Tiger torch. Keep posting your memes….dam it’s sad. 

And for the record, Nobody is expecting 2015 to come walking in. But we lose December more times than not. That December Xmas Eve was 70 plus…but hey whatever. 

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Hey pal…the same talk was going around a month from now in 2015 too when nothing was happening at the end of that January.  I think that’s more the point. What happened to you?  Sadly and Unfortunately You have become a spoon just like Qg and Tiger torch. Keep posting your memes….dam it’s sad. 

Abs for the record, Nobody is expecting 2015 to come walking in. But we lose December more times than not. That December Xmas Eve was 70 plus…but hey whatever. 

it is called being a realist lol

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I completely disagree.  Most years we lose December in SNE.  You need to move out west in the high plains or sierras. 

And to be honest I give a fuck….I’ll take the snow on 1/15 or 2/15 and 3/15!!  All  3 of those months it’s F’n winter. You and a few others are so dam disillusioned its pathetic.  

whoa whoa whoa......tone it down....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

And for the record, Nobody is expecting 2015 to come walking in. But we lose December more times than not. That December Xmas Eve was 70 plus…but hey whatever. 

that was about as pathetic as pathetic gets.......

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I completely disagree.  Most years we lose December in SNE.  You need to move out west in the high plains or sierras

trust me i would give my left nut to move to lake tahoe......omg.....maybe i'll retire there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 8611Blizz said:

A content wolf?

Z_D7Iovwg0icojV5yAVAPdE-M-lZ1IMTMgzGsZaGZtg.webp

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

• Haha 2

When I was a teenager abd into my early 20’s…I used to always say, it doesn’t really snow here until into January. That was what mostly happened then. Last year and this year we are back to that.  19 and 20 there were big storms in December…so it’s weather. 

5 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

....and the "train" talk wasn't unrealistic???

The pattern was fabulous…we just didn’t cash in. I don’t get what’s so hard to understand?  Everything was in place.. it just didn’t happen for SNE. Nuances man. NUANCES.

For the pattern that was coming in…it was easy to be excited. The nuances can’t be seen at length…and that’s what got us. The train analogy came from a couple folks that called a great pattern weeks before, and were absolutely CORRECT.  
Again…. You feel the need to tear shit down and degrade, when all that was called for was a great look, and that’s exactly what happened. Unfortunately we couldn’t cash in. It’s nobody’s fault and it’s not some dooms day BS about CC either. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I'd take my chances with the UP of Michigan

I only say Lake Tahoe because I grew up out there and thats where we spent a lot of time in the winter......I would love a cabin at Kirkwood or Alpine Meadows......anywhere really.......Mammoth would be cool too but thats BF central sierra and far from everything....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ice1972 said:

I only say Lake Tahoe because I grew up out there and thats where we spent a lot of time in the winter......I would love a cabin at Kirkwood or Alpine Meadows......anywhere really.......Mammoth would be cool too but thats BF central sierra and far from everything....

Id stay closer to home and go up to PF country. His winters are good 90% of the time.

• Like 2

It's key to remember that one big storm does not mean a good winter. It's all about nickel and dimes and pack.
Last year wasn't great regarding total snow, but we had sn otg, at some level from Dec to March. I'd rather have good retention and bn snow then AN sn that gets washed away

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got out of snowmobiling this winter and I can tell you its a lot less stressful this year dealing with another potential bust snow season.  So actually no panic here…but winter is boring AF without snow!
I've got new sled, gloves and helmet waiting to try out. Frustrating

• Like 1

Alright, I’m panicking. What if it happens again? What if persistence really is the best forecast?
The next two weeks, forget about it. Wish we were Buffalo! 
And good god, next season. I don’t think I can do it again. Not another season of this same crap.

Seriously, I’m really starting to panic that they bring back Matt Patricia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I've got new sled, gloves and helmet waiting to try out. Frustrating

God.  Really? 

Northern Maine will get their snow, and plenty of it. I’ll be there as soon as it’s ready. Long season up there. Not worried at all…And that’s after renting a cabin for the whole winter. You’re 3-4 hrs Closer then I am…stop worrying for god sakes. 

• Like 1

God.  Really? 

Northern Maine will get their snow, and plenty of it. I’ll be there as soon as it’s ready. Long season up there. Not worried at all…And that’s after renting a cabin for the whole winter. You’re 3-4 hrs Closer then I am…stop worrying for god sakes. 
I'm not worrying...yet. Like you mentioned I don't get as upset anymore about what the weathers going to do. It sucks, yes, but out of my control. Far more things to think about. They're doing some riding up north, but pretty limited. Friends of mine are in valin this week. No shortage of sn there

• Like 1

Just now, Lava Rock said:

I'm not worrying...yet. Like you mentioned I don't get as upset anymore about what the weathers going to do. It sucks, yes, but out of my control. Far more things to think about. They're doing some riding up north, but pretty limited. Friends of mine are in valin this week. No shortage of sn there

Exactly.  

Had plans to head up Monday. All the Clubs and friends said, unless you’re local, don’t come yet.  Not ready. They said need a foot to be in business. That’s cool, I saved some money, and will gladly wait a couple weeks for great conditions. Ya a lil disappointing that I couldn’t capitalize on this week…but it’s always touch and go even up there at the end of December.  

It’s gonna start coming soon there.  What new sled do you have for this season? 

• Confused 1

Exactly.  

Had plans to head up Monday. All the Clubs and friends said, unless you’re local, don’t come yet.  Not ready. They said need a foot to be in business. That’s cool, I saved some money, and will gladly wait a couple weeks for great conditions. Ya a lil disappointing that I couldn’t capitalize on this week…but it’s always touch and go even up there at the end of December.  
It’s gonna start coming soon there.  What new sled do you have for this season? 
Got a renegade xrs. Was riding a backcountry, but didn't go off trail that much

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

It seems the panic is in full swing. Some are stuck in denial. Others are angry. Yet others have come to acceptance…acceptance of the unfolding ratter. 

Even Wolf man is throwing daggers. You know it's not good when that happens. Justifying a good season by saying it'll snow in February, but 10 hrs north.  Hate to see it.