Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

7 minutes ago, laferri2 said:

My grass is still poking through the snow in Macomb Township. :facepalm:

Grass would be poking through no matter how much snow you've got. It's legit outside. It's cool to see but I'm definitely more of an even blanket of snow type of person then these blizzardous winds.

My backyard has grass tips in spots and 3 to 6" in other spots 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

Travel restrictions in place here. Motorists stranded and dozens and dozens of wrecks. After several measurements this morning, 2.5" is my best estimate.

As Jackstraw said earlier, 50 MPH wind gusts and -30° wind chills for hours that don't look to let up until Saturday night. The winds have actually been getting stronger as the day goes on and whiteout conditions are occurring. Winter Storm Warning conditions here no doubt. As others have said, brutal is the only way to describe it.

50 minutes ago, mimillman said:

So this is what it’s like to live in North Dakota 

Bingo. 

My sister went out to pick up a piece of her mailbox that flew off in the wind lol, and discovered she had quite the artistic decoration in front of her house. Like I said. It is really cool to see the wind and the constant blowing snow, but next time just giving me an even deep blanket.

Screenshot_20221223_154450_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

Everywhere and I mean literally everyone here closing early due to the “snow storm”. Garbage pick up is today and they called it off. No one on the roads/highway. Some ice on side/back roads but all other roads and highway is clear. Very windy, but visibility is pretty good. Filtered sun at times, very little if any snow accums today.  

Feels like a normal Michigan winter day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

Everywhere and I mean literally everyone here closing early due to the “snow storm”. Garbage pick up is today and they called it off. No one on the roads/highway. Some ice on side/back roads but all other roads and highway is clear. Very windy, but visibility is pretty good. Filtered sun at times, very little if any snow accums today.  

Very interesting. Most of the roads here are snow covered/drifted/rutted and slippery

12 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

Man, I wish i was able to be in buffalo today. I flew up for the november storm

• Like 2

Can’t complain here in Port Huron 

it’s been consistently howling/snowing all day and the winds are bad enough to scare the dogs. It’s been interesting to watch the snowfall change direction today. Pretty sure my place has been hammered from every direction except from the east . The lake is pretty wild  too

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

Same. Doubt there's more than an inch blowing around out there. 

Found the deepest "drift" in my yard...4 inches. Surrounded by maybe a half inch with grass sticking out. Winds never got over 35 here. This might be the biggest disappointment I've had out of all the SEMI busts. 

Just enough to turn the roads to garbage and not even enough for a real white Christmas. 

• Like 1

A few clips from ORD today.

There were a few instances where it was worse than what is shown. There have also been a countless amount of 'snow-nadoes' out on the field today. A few to several more inches of snow, and we definitely would have had a high chance of blizzard conditions.

27 minutes ago, laferri2 said:

Found the deepest "drift" in my yard...4 inches. Surrounded by maybe a half inch with grass sticking out. Winds never got over 35 here. This might be the biggest disappointment I've had out of all the SEMI busts. 

Just enough to turn the roads to garbage and not even enough for a real white Christmas. 

When someone calls grass blades poking through the snow a white Christmas:

b2fa4be6ccd2d79575b8fe6e7be8142a1b383a6e.jpeg

• Haha 3