Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

Just now, MNstorms said:

Southern Minnesota roads closed. It's been a few years since I've seen that. 

I didn't know ground blizzards could be seen on satellite. A few other interesting features too if you look closely.

ybIzBsM.gif

the condensation trail from everyone collectively sighing because they live in the dakotas

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Imneversatisfied said:

Rain here for the past hour in Alpena. 15 miles away inland there is already 2".

Was staying on N side of Hubbard Lk at some cottages during the 11/16/89 bliz. RN->SN and 10" but with the SLP bombing to 964 mb near James Bay the winds roaring through the forest was insane. Listening to my trusty NOAA Wx radio I always took along, KAPN non-stop broadcasting the storm conditions was memorable. Baro kept going down and down and down. 96 knot gusts reported at Presque Isle Light!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RogueWaves said:

Was staying on N side of Hubbard Lk at some cottages during the 11/16/89 bliz. RN->SN and 10" but with the SLP bombing to 964 mb near James Bay the winds roaring through the forest was insane. Listening to my trusty NOAA Wx radio I always took along, KAPN non-stop broadcasting the storm conditions was memorable. Baro kept going down and down and down. 96 knot gusts reported at Presque Isle Light!

Man I was only 3 yrs old. I do remember snowier winters in the late 80s to 90s as a kid here tho. Btw it's now finally puking flakes and it's time for bed. Hoping to wake up to atleast a few inches ( that's what she said)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Couple inches in the ground. Wind is causing drifting but not horrible. I drove through a snow devil on my way home which was cool. Flake size increases dramatically under lake effect bands. If that can get going there will be some good totals and true blizzard conditions tomorrow. 

0BE44584-D757-4EEF-BD00-56F687CBCF06.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

4-8 north of m59 and 1-3 for metro Detroit dry slotted nice

Made a call last Sunday morning before the "east trends". Looking $$$ now

Sunday 12/18 Final call for mby: Brief mix->+RN->dryslot->backside 1" of wind-swept plaster via tail-end scraps off Lk Mich. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sbnwx85 said:

Couple inches in the ground. Wind is causing drifting but not horrible. I drove through a snow devil on my way home which was cool. Flake size increases dramatically under lake effect bands. If that can get going there will be some good totals and true blizzard conditions tomorrow. 

0BE44584-D757-4EEF-BD00-56F687CBCF06.jpeg

At least you got winter and a White Christmas secured. Doubt it will reach that level here. 

• Sad 1