• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

I feel we should just fold the threads on everything ... A lot of people are frustrated ( I know.. it's just the weather ). But.. when you really enjoy and love the Winter weather like most of us.. it does get frustrating.

I know whenever something's posted like this there's people that say get over it, or stop complaining. I'm definitely not here to complain, I'm just making a point that everybody has been complaining and it still happening. Isn't there a section to complain as much as we want?? It just makes coming on here less than desirable with all the crying ... 

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I feel we should just fold the threads on everything ... A lot of people are frustrated ( I know.. it's just the weather ). But.. when you really enjoy and love the Winter weather like most of us.. it does get frustrating.

I know whenever something's posted like this there's people that say get over it, or stop complaining. I'm definitely not here to complain, I'm just making a point that everybody has been complaining and it still happening. Isn't there a section to complain as much as we want?? It just makes coming on here less than desirable with all the crying ... 

If you feel that way you should take a break.  I don’t think threads will be folded because people get upset about how the wx is playing out.   Visiting the bb and posting is voluntary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

If you feel that way you should take a break.  I don’t think threads will be folded because people get upset about how the wx is playing out.   Visiting the bb and posting is voluntary.

Yeah if people don't like it, they should log off for a while. Excessive trolling won't be tolerated either...people not here in good faith won't last long (or get post limited)....but otherwise, we will continue to discuss the pattern, even if it is sucky or keeps screwing us.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Well first of all, if you read my post you know that I'm not trying to be the complainer. I'm just making the point that there's a lot of complaining. I'm just trying to bring to light all the sorrow and despair being shared regarding what we're not getting. That's a second time you responded to me telling me I should take a break. If you take time to read my posts then you would respond to me differently. 

46 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Found the snow….sigh 

It's been very snowy out there but also warm. December was a -4 month but January is running +8. Temps haven't been below 0 this month, although also not above 37 (and it hasn't been 40 since late November). Normal Jan range is -19 to +41.

DLH is even warmer: +11 this month, no temperature below 1 (or above 35). Normal Jan range is -25 to +38.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wow I only had patches then. How much did you have? I know Pembroke had near 5". 

I didn't get an official measurement but judging by what was on the deck we had at least 4". With some sleet and drizzle mixed in the pack was frozen solid Tuesday morning to the point I could walk on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

There is a Winter Panic Room thread. Maybe that is what you are looking for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Eh, those have been wrong all year. Past like 7-8 days out you may as well split the country into pieces and flip a coin for each section. Then you color in a ridge if it’s heads and a trough if it’s tails. The 10+ day range is a total crapshoot. What we do know is there is a nice storm going on right now, and the short and medium range have storms as well. 

7 minutes ago, George001 said:

Eh, those have been wrong all year. Past like 7-8 days out you may as well split the country into pieces and flip a coin for each section. Then you color in a ridge if it’s heads and a trough if it’s tails. The 10+ day range is a total crapshoot. What we do know is there is a nice storm going on right now, and the short and medium range have storms as well. 

Agreed weeklies are always suspect at best.

23 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

There is a Winter Panic Room thread. Maybe that is what you are looking for.

Not for me .. I'm making a point that other people should post their frustrations there. All I'm doing is pointing out that people keep posting all their frustrations and it's okay. As soon as I say something about them doing that, now I'm getting blessed by some of you. You coming for the wrong guy. 

Back to the weather for me

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

18z NAM is the type of solution you want to see to get snow into SNE and even further south....but I'm very skeptical of it at the moment. Perfect needle-threader it needs to be.

When was the last time the NAM scored a coup  -

gosh...I think back to 2005 really.  Not sure I recall since -

• Like 1

I don’t think anyone’s out of line? I mean, people are actually discussing if it can snow again in other subforums.

We’re in a bad pattern in awful season thus far. We have chances over the next week. All of them are longer shots in SNE. Nina climo torches some if not a majority of February. I mean, those are the facts and you can’t sugar coat that even in strict pattern or signal discussion IMO.

I think there are very few who are actually trolling and if we had a serious threat complaints would stop almost immediately…until the storm ended.

I’m just saying on the spectrum of wailing and gnashing of teeth, this is pretty tame. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Not for me .. I'm making a point that other people should post their frustrations there. All I'm doing is pointing out that people keep posting all their frustrations and it's okay. As soon as I say something about them doing that, now I'm getting blessed by some of you. You coming for the wrong guy. 

Back to the weather for me

lol. I am not "coming for" anyone. 

I really don't care either way, and I probably misread your post.