Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Wow Monday kinda went to crap for northern  NNE Weaker

looks better more CNE and Berks monads 

just saw the models 

Its tough to root for this to phase unless you live in elevation as this will want to track inland if it does with no HP, No confluence and no blocking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

The ‘61 storm solidified the special winter status.  The big one 12/11-12/60 with a few more small events in between followed by the reload and 1/19/61 JFK inaugural storm. The intense cold for the next 2 weeks culminated by the biggest of all storms 2/3-4/61 gave us quite the pack!  But the February storm was the pattern changer and our 2 month glorious run was over.  About 5 days later we had an ice storm.  I was sure it would snow-after all that morning was 7 degrees and it stayed around 20 all day.  What did I know of mid levels!  Tamarack can give his perspective being in the same area roughly the same age.

I really like reading some of your posts about past winter seasons.  It brings back a lot of good memories. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is 2000-2001 rehash pattern

That run certainly was for snowfall.  Pattern is def different though. Hopefully results are similar. Would be funny if Monday actually ended up working out considering it’s the worst of all the looks. 

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

That run certainly was for snowfall.  Pattern is def different though. Hopefully results are similar. Would be funny if Monday actually ended up working out considering it’s the worst of all the looks. 

Yes...sensible weather....that season was +PNA.

In a way, one could argue the RNA is giving the interior a shot because I think its the se ridge that is helping to shred these SWs that would otherwise cut.

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The GEFS really are quite workable in the longer range.

Yeah I’d roll the dice on that pattern. There will prob be a cutter threat or two but at least in that look, you have a decent chance of turning them into SWFEs or minimizing the warmth from them.

• Like 1