Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'm not confident anyone gets a lot (as in more than 3 or 4 inches), but there is a small probability this busts in the positive direction if we sit a CCB/deform over some areas for 12-18 hours.....always tough when there is kind of a mature ULL, but there are areas of good fronto that try to get going, so we'll see.

Dude, this season that is a HECS....even by my lofty standards....

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Pope has been more right than wrong

Sad to see it 

Yes. Through mid-January Pope and Qomega firmly at the top of the league. Brooklyn and 40/70 in the running for first round draft pick.

We’ll see what happens from here but if the stout SE ridge on the GFS rears it’s head in the long term it’s lights out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

57 in Bedford at 9am, what’s that a plus 30

it feels really really nice out and the rain has stopped . It was nice to see the snow covering everything yesterday but today is very comfy. I’ll take it .  Mountains should be cold enough to blow snow after this evening so ... not bad 

Bedford, MA, right? cause I am rotting at 35 at MHT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

57 in Bedford at 9am, what’s that a plus 30

it feels really really nice out and the rain has stopped . It was nice to see the snow covering everything yesterday but today is very comfy. I’ll take it .  Mountains should be cold enough to blow snow after this evening so ... not bad 

Yea, I'm glad I didn't wedge.....not like there is any snow to preserve.

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Can you trust the NAM?  These models are all over the place. One run it’s a crush job, the next one it’s a snow shower. 

Sucks cuz we’re out of anything back this way, just saying for you guys out east. 

Not that it's going to happen in this storm, but I do recall several times when a storm backed in from the Atlantic and actually backed all the way into Connecticut with snow and gave us a decent amount.

There was one that was a few years back that kept backing in over the last  4-6 runs for the storm actually hit. So is it possible of course. But I know this one will most definitely seems like it will stay out there towards the cape

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Can you trust the NAM?  These models are all over the place. One run it’s a crush job, the next one it’s a snow shower. 

Sucks cuz we’re out of anything back this way, just saying for you guys out east. 

Oh we know we definitely can’t trust it 

it just gives hope 

even if other models move west a bit it’s going to be a now cast to a significant degree -I think due to the angle of approach And needing that band position to be watched , since it’s the entire “storm”