• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

Hold up - All these posts about 'too bad it's hour 200, 'you don't want to be in the jackpot this far out...etc.'

I say BS for the following reasons:

1. Where would you rather be right now?  Low cutting up into Detroit?  Nova Scotia?  Ripped up shredded mess out underneath us?  Are those better?

2.  The pattern on multiple models has been developing the most favorable pattern we have seen in many years.  Do you expect there to NOT be a storm right where you want given the GEFS/EPS/GEM depictions of late?  We generally accept the pattern features to be favorable, why not a storm?

3.  When is it BAD to see a snowstorm depicted?  I say never.  

4. MANY times storms of biggie magnitude are picked up at these time frames.  '93 is an example when models were limited.  Boxing day was coming into focus.  It faded in the middle cycles, but the longer-range depictions were correct.  

Again: Men and Women:

Marv Levy quote: Where else would you rather be than right here, right...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Hold up - All these posts about 'too bad it's hour 200, 'you don't want to be in the jackpot this far out...etc.'

1. Where would you rather be right now?  Low cutting up into Detroit?  Nova Scotia?  Ripped up shredded mess out underneath us?  Are those better?

2.  The pattern on multiple models has been developing the most favorable pattern we have seen in many years.  Do you expect there to NOT be a storm right where you want given the GEFS/EPS/GEM depictions of late?  We generally accept the pattern features to be favorable, why not a storm?

3.  When is BAD to see a snowstorm depicted?  I say never.  

4. MANY times storms of biggie magnitude are picked up at these time frames.  '93 is an example when models were limited.  Boxing day was coming into focus.  It faded in the middle cycles, but the longer-range depictions were correct.  

Agreed. But I think must of us are trying to temper expectations a bit, being a week out. But to your point I like very much what I see, as it fits the pattern very well. So yes, I’m glad we’re here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

3.  When is it BAD to see a snowstorm depicted?  I say never.  

Ready to run through a brick wall

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Agreed. But I think must of us are trying to temper expectations a bit, being a week out. But to your point I like very much what I see, as it fits the pattern very well. So yes, I’m glad we’re here. 

We are here to win it!

Just now, MuddyWx said:

Ready to run through a brick wall

Damn right we are!

• Haha 1