• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2022/23 Banter Hangout

Chicago Storm

Just catching up on everything...just want to add it is nice to have @Stebo back posting. You were definitely missed, especially during the ice storm. Would have been great to have your insight. I try to stay out of OT because the few times I've visited I was overwhelmed by the gross drama. While I'm not clueless to why Hoosier was banned I can't say I'm surprised based on what I've seen. We can't have that kind of behavior here. Alright back to weather posts and memes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

if he’s deleted, all of the threads he started are also deleted.

so that’s a no.

Yeah he is not going to get deleted specifically for that reason. That is the whole issue with what happened to begin with. The rest of his tl/dr is dr.

• Weenie 1

Oh and yeah I did reply to him negatively, I am not going to associate with someone like him if possible. Just because it took forever to get him gone from here fully doesn't mean he is a good guy at all. His version of what happened is garbage, people were appalled when he posted it. He wasn't posting stuff to be controversial he was doing it to be his weird ass self.  Things don't happen in a vacuum, he has been banned from other places because of his extremely weird behavior, and this is just another place where he is banned now.

• Weenie 1

On 3/1/2023 at 12:31 PM, Stebo said:

Bowme has been right here for years under another account. 

and a different social media presence as well. Cause Bowme cut hard. Dude, incited near riots on the board,back in the day. Usually between midnight and 6am. It was always fun to follow the crap he started, and see folks engage, and than he usually got banned for a couple weeks. Good times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

if he’s deleted, all of the threads he started are also deleted.

so that’s a no.

Just to go back to this too, he started 566 threads, you are talking 10s of thousands of posts that would be gone forever.

• Weenie 1

On 2/21/2023 at 4:46 PM, Harry said:

Nov and especially December 2000 rocked here. Over 50 inches alone in December which to this day holds the top spot for snowiest month ever. That  November had held the top spot for snowiest November till this past November. Rest of the winter did kinda suck though. 

Thankfully I was living in the DC area in 82-83 which got slammed by what was referred to as the megalopolis blizzard in Feb with 18+. 

I remember December 2000.  There was 60" here in that one month, and most of it was synoptic as opposed to lake effect.  There was snow on the ground starting in the middle of November, and it didn't melt.  The pack settled to a 12" glacier by the New Year, but it didn't fully melt until there was finally a major thaw in January.  The rest of the winter was boring, but late 2000 was way better late 2022.  There was one 20+" LE event, but the water content was about the same as the 6-9" slop that hit I-69 area yesterday.  It melted so fast and there was nothing to follow it up.

• Like 1

Went to the first few pages of this sub and did a little spot reading.  Brings back a lot of memories seeing so many names that we don't see anymore.  Also the model images from 12+ years ago kind of cool go see too. 

Just looked back, nice hit of nostalgia. Lot of old names I had forgot but remember well. Got to wonder what happened to so many of them. Weather interest was an unhealthy obsession for some, others lost interest, some banned (just noticed wisconsinwx got banned last September, wonder what that was about), and unfortunately some have passed away. But not weatherbo, will never forget the search party that was sent up for him.
  • Like 1