Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2022/23 Banter Hangout

Chicago Storm

7 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I see Stebo is posting again and haven't seen a post from Hoosier since Saturday night. I take it more board drama.

Not to my hands but I am glad to be back

4 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

Nobody likes a hall monitor that actually patrols the halls and tries too hard. Just chill at your lil booth and watch reruns of breaking bad on your phone and mind your business.

4 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

Tbh it's none of our business and nobody's business on here. Never trust what you hear from anyone, especially on the internet. Just clique bullying prob going on. If something legit happened, then that's the police job.

You don't know what you are talking about

4 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Trixie's entire account was deleted late Friday night by a vengeful admin.  In response a mod went and retroactively suspended/banned a slew of posters for things deemed offensive in the past.  According to some a good chunk of this board is apparently bigoted, sexist, racist, and homophobic assholes. 

IDK

More than some and a lot has slid under the radar for a long time. This is something everyone should be happy getting fixed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malacka11 said:

Right. And the way he doubled down and refused to acknowledge how what he said would obviously sound very sketchy was truly pathetic. Acted like a total victim of some witch hunt and then instead of letting it all fade away, he made a similar mistake once or twice again.

I really couldn't believe it because he was possibly the first poster that I recognized back in 2018 as being high-quality/knowledgeable, especially since he was a mod. 

1 hour ago, Snowstorms said:

If so, then I guess he wasn't really apologetic but was gaslighting and playing the victim card? I learned that when it comes to things like this, peoples views don't really change. But hey I don't really know him but for this particular situation, I don't condone it. 

I agree. I felt the same too. But as the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover right? 

Yep these are both correct, though both of you don't know how long the history goes back. He has had several questionable problems over the years and somehow avoided getting the axe when he should have, more so why he kept testing the bounds until he got what was coming to him for a long time. It really isn't hard to not be a weird creep, but to be an open weird creep so brazenly just is wild.

Nonetheless, this subforum will move on and the change will largely go unnoticed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Yep these are both correct, though both of you don't know how long the history goes back. He has had several questionable problems over the years and somehow avoided getting the axe when he should have, more so why he kept testing the bounds until he got what was coming to him for a long time. It really isn't hard to not be a weird creep, but to be an open weird creep so brazenly just is wild.

Nonetheless, this subforum will move on and the change will largely go unnoticed.

Glad to have you back tho

• Like 1

1 minute ago, michsnowfreak said:

I rarely visit OT so I don't know the full scope of what happened, and I certainly don't condone the stuff Hoosier did as a person, but I will say I enjoyed his weather posts.

Basically the timing goes back to why he was banned out of OT, he should have been removed fully then but somehow wasn't. Other things went on this weekend that pushed the removal of a lot of outstanding issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

@SteboTo ask you a weathery question since you weren’t posting here during the recent storm, how off caught guard was everyone NWS wise to southern extent of the ice? I know people have made jokes about the late ice storm warning upgrades but I imagine there was some reason 

I don't work for the NWS itself, but I have to believe they were. I know a twitter chat of mine with Michigan OCMs, enthusiasts, chasers, and met students were all going harder on the ice than DTX and IWX were. GRR did a good job though. Personally I was quite surprised how bad Hillsdale County got it, the rest though was pretty much what I had expected.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stebo said:

I don't work for the NWS itself, but I have to believe they were. I know a twitter chat of mine with Michigan OCMs, enthusiasts, chasers, and met students were all going harder on the ice than DTX and IWX were. GRR did a good job though. Personally I was quite surprised how bad Hillsdale County got it, the rest though was pretty much what I had expected.

Didn’t one of the Hi-Res models show this? I’d have to comb through but it showed a little blotch around Hillsdale Co that 100% verified 

8 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Didn’t one of the Hi-Res models show this? I’d have to comb through but it showed a little blotch around Hillsdale Co that 100% verified 

Most of the models were not going hard until the end, interestingly enough the GFS locked in and didn't budge for 4 days. It ended up getting it right.

2 hours ago, Stebo said:

Tbh I don't think anyone noticed or cared that you weren't around but hey atleast some are happy you and your charm is back. Now I know more and shown hes been a creep for awhile but to not post because he was still here is a little dramatic. It's obvious now this board is run loosely, so it shouldn't of come as a surprise to you.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Tbh I don't think anyone noticed or cared that you weren't around but hey atleast some are happy you and your charm is back. Now I know more and shown hes been a creep for awhile but to not post because he was still here is a little dramatic. It's obvious now this board is run loosely, so it shouldn't of come as a surprise to you.

Lol at this post especially the the bold.

13 hours ago, Stebo said:

Most of the models were not going hard until the end, interestingly enough the GFS locked in and didn't budge for 4 days. It ended up getting it right.

This. I don't like to criticize IWX, especially since I have friends there, but run after run bullseyed the Hillsdale County area and the HRRR joined the party 48 hours out. Sorry, but they waited until the cows were out to close the barn door.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

This. I don't like to criticize IWX, especially since I have friends there, but run after run bullseyed the Hillsdale County area and the HRRR joined the party 48 hours out. Sorry, but they waited until the cows were out to close the barn door.

Yeah I can say the same with DTX. Late to the ball game even tho things indicated for a major icing event.  But better late then bust and be embarrassed I guess

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Looks like cold anomalies mostly stay out west where they belong. Let's keep it that way through April.

The -PNA/-NAO combo along with the warmer anomalies over the Gulf are already making for some interesting severe weather setups across the Plains and Dixie Alley.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Powerball said:

The -PNA/-NAO combo along with the warmer anomalies over the Gulf are already making for some interesting severe weather setups across the Plains and Dixie Alley.

Yep, definitely watching the upcoming setup with interest. Was hoping we could pull off a Winterset (or even 3/12/06, 3/15/16)-type setup but these troughs are digging into Mexico and spinning up surface lows way too far south, lol.