• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2022/23 Banter Hangout

Chicago Storm

Trixie's entire account was deleted late Friday night by a vengeful admin.  In response a mod went and retroactively suspended/banned a slew of posters for things deemed offensive in the past.  According to some a good chunk of this board is apparently bigoted, sexist, racist, and homophobic assholes. 

IDK

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Trixie's entire account was deleted late Friday night by a vengeful admin.  In response a mod went and retroactively suspended/banned a slew of posters for things deemed offensive in the past.  According to some a good chunk of this board is apparently bigoted, sexist, racist, and homophobic assholes. 

IDK

Dang that is crazy.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

Anyone else around DTW wondering why we are still getting freezing rain. Hourly this morning said rain by 10am imby. Was not anticipating this but neat to a small extent nonetheless

edit: as I say that it changed over

Crazy day as it is still ZR mixed with sleet IMBY.  I now have more or nearly the same amount of ice than I did last week but of course last week was mainly a sleet fest for me.  I am praying we keep power with these howling winds and icy trees.

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

Trixie's entire account was deleted late Friday night by a vengeful admin.  In response a mod went and retroactively suspended/banned a slew of posters for things deemed offensive in the past.  According to his own admission, hoosier is sexually attracted to minors. 

IDK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SolidIcewx said:

Anyone else around DTW wondering why we are still getting freezing rain. Hourly this morning said rain by 10am imby. Was not anticipating this but neat to a small extent nonetheless

Tons of ice out my way. 1 inch of liquid while below freezing. About half an inch of ice on tree limbs.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Malacka11 said:

My guy he literally made a post in OT about whether anybody else finds 16-year-olds attractive a couple years back. If that's not our business then I couldn't possibly tell you what the fuck is.

really? that sounds like some r kelly shit. If you catch my drift. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malacka11 said:

He literally made an entire OT thread asking for opinions and then acted shocked when everyone was like what the fuck

That'd be my reaction too. Kind of sickening. I'm 28 and for me personally, I wouldn't date any girl younger than 21-22 and that's on the low end. Anything younger and I don't even want to think about it or look at it. 

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

IDK

I heard unauthorized Tapatalk usage during suspensions was a real problem too.

8 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

That'd be my reaction too. Kind of sickening. I'm 28 and for me personally, I wouldn't date any girl younger than 21-22 and that's on the low end. Anything younger and I don't even want to think about it or look at it. 

Right. And the way he doubled down and refused to acknowledge how what he said would obviously sound very sketchy was truly pathetic. Acted like a total victim of some witch hunt and then instead of letting it all fade away, he made a similar mistake once or twice again.

I really couldn't believe it because he was possibly the first poster that I recognized back in 2018 as being high-quality/knowledgeable, especially since he was a mod. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Right. And the way he doubled down and refused to acknowledge how what he said would obviously sound very sketchy was truly pathetic. Acted like a total victim of some witch hunt and then instead of letting it all fade away, he made a similar mistake once or twice again.

I really couldn't believe it because he was possibly the first poster that I recognized back in 2018 as being high-quality/knowledgeable, especially since he was a mod. 

If so, then I guess he wasn't really apologetic but was gaslighting and playing the victim card? I learned that when it comes to things like this, peoples views don't really change. But hey I don't really know him but for this particular situation, I don't condone it. 

I agree. I felt the same too. But as the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover right? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SolidIcewx said:

To answer your question, similar to last Wednesday, it's because of the low wet-bulb temperatures causing evaporative cooling. Dewpoints were in the mid/upper 20s despite actual surface temps around (or just above) freezing.

As the air has become saturated, the dewpoints have risen closer to freezing and now the precip is transitioning entirely over to liquid rain.

• Thanks 1