Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2022

George BM

46 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

On a selfish note, I will appreciate the early January thaw/torch as I am scheduled to move (in the neighborhood) on January 7th. 

That's okay. I need to do a few day's worth of errands that I've been putting off far too long. I'll take the thaw and get em done before the reload (oops, there's that word again!)

1 hour ago, Stormfly said:

Congrats on that milestone! :)

Thanks! lol

9 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Don't blink....before you know it she will be driving.  Soon after that you will be drinking buddies. :-)

Shhhhhhh, I’m still processing that she’s 10! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

Congrats to folks who have seen snow. I can do without pics from PA tho lol

The image I posted isn't PA and I apologize if I did violate any policies. I like to think I contribute in both subs respectfully without being a jerk. Hope to NOT get caught in any crossfire.

Edited to fix typos

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IUsedToHateCold said:

No. 

What? Yes it is. 95% of the time, our snowstorm is their snowstorm and vice versa and our temps are within a couple degrees of one another. Sometimes, they partially hit on Miller B's that whiff us because they develop too late but it's essentially the same. Even NYC is pretty similar outside of the Miller B's or the rare west to east storm that moves north of us but south of them and they get some snow. New England is a different story.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mappy said:

Congrats to folks who have seen snow. I can do without pics from PA tho lol

You live a few miles from the PA border and about 9,000 miles from Trixie. I don't understand the hate here. As long as the person is a good poster, who cares if they live .0000001 miles outside of our "official" sub forum. 

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, IUsedToHateCold said:

PHL is 50 miles north of Baltimore and that can make a difference in snowstorms. I would say it's similar, yeah, but not the same. The argument is largely semantic though, arguably no two places have the same climate. I just can't stand to say that they are the same when they get snowstorms that we don't. 

and Hagerstown is 60 West of Baltimore, and has an entirely different climo than Baltimore.  No matter where you go in the in forum, you are going to get a different climo.  I don't see why everyone gets so pissy about a few miles here and there.  Like someone said above, if they are decent poster, than who really cares?  It really only comes down to if they person is getting snow while others are not, and they are rubbing it in.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

so why aren’t you posting your obs in the PHL thread?

Have you been in that thread? It smells like bathroom from K n A and everyone keeps saying jawn.

And if you only got one of those references then oh well.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

The image I posted isn't PA and I apologize if I did violate any policies. I like to think I contribute in both subs respectfully without being a jerk. Hope to NOT get caught in any crossfire.

Edited to fix typos

Wasn’t talking about you friend

1 hour ago, ravensrule said:

You live a few miles from the PA border and about 9,000 miles from Trixie. I don't understand the hate here. As long as the person is a good poster, who cares if they live .0000001 miles outside of our "official" sub forum. 

Sure, but I’m not gonna go into their forum and post pics of my snow when they’ve got clouds. Come on now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

Wasn’t talking about you friend

Sure, but I’m not gonna go into their forum and post pics of my snow when they’ve got clouds. Come on now. 

This is what I am talking about.  People get pissy if someone posted a snow pic and is rubbing it in, when others are rain.  There is a lot of that here.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic