Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter 2022

George BM

1 minute ago, Interstate said:

This is what I am talking about.  People get pissy if someone posted a snow pic and is rubbing it in, when others are rain.  There is a lot of that here.

If someone from New Freedom or Shrewsbury want to share an observation here, fine. That’s just on the other side of the MD line and I’d appreciate it as a northerner. But Chester County? Harrisburg? No way. Go north to your subforum please 

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

If someone from New Freedom or Shrewsbury want to share an observation here, fine. That’s just on the other side of the MD line and I’d appreciate it as a northerner. But Chester County? Harrisburg? No way. Go north to your subforum please 

Chester County touches MD. If you're willing to take obs from Shrewbury/New Freedom why wouldn't the same logic be applied to the whole southern PA border along our "subforum"?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DE2PA said:

Like saying OCMD and Frederick are the same because they’re both in MD.

You seem like a nice bloke, but you have a subforum specifically for Philly. I’m sorry it’s dead, I hear Phillywx.com is the place to be 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

But they are in our subforum geographically. Why is this so difficult to understand? Come on yall

I get that, and that's totally fine. I don't mind them posting at all, even if I admit sometimes the convo gets confusing when someone is analyzing models and talking about snow and it's supposed to be 37 and raining where pretty much everyone else lives and then I realize that person lives in Deep Creek.

I just think it's odd that someone from Philly is scorned from posting here when their forum is dead, they are respectful, and their weather is almost identical to nearly everyone that posts in this forum except for the handful or so of folks that live way out in the far reaches of our region.

I feel like anyone in the Mid-Atlantic, which Philly is despite having another forum, should be welcomed so long as they are respectful. I love learning from other posters.

• Like 1

Just now, TSG said:

You're going against your own logic from 3 posts back. I don't have any skin in this game but it's kind of obnoxious to see from a moderator

I did, you’re right, thanks. The point is near Philly isn’t here. I don’t get why I’m the bad guy? We have scared off plenty of out of subforum posters before lololol

Ok lets see if this clears it up.  Having people post from WVa that are closer to DC than PHL makes more sense cause what weather they get often has an impact on what happens here and points east of them.  NOTHING from PHL or its surrounding will affect my weather.  And they have their own place to post.  So go there.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

I get that, and that's totally fine. I don't mind them posting at all, even if I admit sometimes the convo gets confusing when someone is analyzing models and talking about snow and it's supposed to be 37 and raining where pretty much everyone else lives and then I realize that person lives in Deep Creek.

I just think it's odd that someone from Philly is scorned from posting here when their forum is dead, they are respectful, and their weather is almost identical to nearly everyone that posts in this forum except for the handful or so of folks that live way out in the far reaches of our region.

I feel like anyone in the Mid-Atlantic, which Philly is despite having another forum, should be welcomed so long as they are respectful. I love learning from other posters.

Okay fine. I’m done. Happy holidays. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TSG said:

You're going against your own logic from 4 posts back. I don't have any skin in this game but it's kind of obnoxious to see from a moderator

How so?  She's saying that PHL posters have their own sub and that they are better off posting there.  They are even covered by a diff NWS office sooooooo

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic