• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Medium-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

A model war: this forum in its highest form. You know where my money is at. GFS scored some nasty coups last year… and if the Euro folds I’ll be ready to crown the GFS king. 

It’s probably meaningless (as the real action is at h5) but I had to lol at the euros temp map that someone posted earlier. Just a weird thumb of arctic air sticking into the middle of the country,

Regardless, we know it’s going to be cold. Be ready to bundle up weenies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wonderdog said:

Is that going to be enough for you brother?

I am retracting the "Yahtzee!!"  I ran the Euro run through to 240 for laughs and not a flake to be found even with what looks like the polar vortex transported to near our yards.  lets see what happens. 

We get more big snowstorms than most areas of the country, but that doesn't mean people should expect them.

Exactly. That’s my only point. Gotta know your climo. Of course we all want big snowstorms all the time, but there’s a big difference between wishing and the reality of local climo. Even up here in the “highlands” where we get a decent amount more snow than the i95 corridor, I don’t expect to see lower Hudson valley to interior northeast type snowfall. That’s just not the reality of where I live is all.

Counterpoint to the idea that you're living in the wrong area if you root for big storms. I'd agree if you mean you want a big storm every winter. We're going on 7 years since our last single snowfall that reached even 8 inches. Even for this area, that's a pretty extended stretch. So can't really blame the folks who are feeling that way. 

Strictly speaking of those who expect a KU every storm. Not a ton of folks fall in this category, but there are enough.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

At this point we should probably start rooting for anything non-GFS and just plow that arctic air into the East. Maybe we can at least manage to not screw up the BN Temps that models had across the board. I mean, we can't fail at getting the cold established right? Every LR guidance had it.

Lol. Why would we root for anything non Gfs? Gfs is snow on snow on snow.

Have you been hanging with Ldub? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I don’t look at clown snow maps 

i know we love HECS hunting but the problem is--when we dont get a HECS..we dont even get a SECS....alot of times...we will go from 20 to 0 and waste a week of our lives.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1