Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I think all we need around here is one or two inches next Friday night to cover everything up and give us a festive feel for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Even without the big storm, I think that would really make a lot of us happy and just put us in that spirit. If we don't have it. I'm still going to be in the spirit, but it would just make the spirit even more exciting for us whether weenies.

And before any of you shoot down my post or call me a weenie, you know you want it just as much as I do

I agree.  A rare blizzard would be great, but if the ground is white I'd be plenty happy 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

How’s that train looking?

Feb 2013 coming!

Too many drugs I think. I feel like I made my point. I’m not melting, I’m the one that said interior pattern for like two weeks. But when it got favorable we had some things that screwed us. I don’t think it’s totally related to Rays outlook.

Feb 2013

Ironically, those boarding  choo choos and claims of Feb 2013 are the ones getting defensive. I’m just sitting here smiling.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean people throwing around “vibes” of Feb 2013….how is that not weenie trolling? The exact opposite of the trolling many think about. Nothing said Feb 2013 except for some “enhanced” cookies. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Cookies?

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m not going at it. I’ve been steady state and not insulting anyone. Somehow I’ve been a target. 

You play that victim card well 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

My long range call was... I admit a fail on orientation of PNA was my downfall.

20221218_203059.jpg

I look at it this way, you can make a knowledgeable call about a baseball game for instance.  “Yankees batters have this guy’s number, they’re going to crush the ball tonight”  Then they proceeded to hit a dozen 400 footers but they all go foul and lose the game.  The way I look at it, your prediction is spot on, it just didn’t pan out the way you thought it would.  Same with the weather. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I look at it this way, you can make a knowledgeable call about a baseball game for instance.  “Yankees batters have this guy’s number, they’re going to crush the ball tonight”  Then they proceeded to hit a dozen 400 footers but they all go foul and lose the game.  The way I look at it, your prediction is spot on, it just didn’t pan out the way you thought it would.  Same with the weather. 

The final results of the game is what matters though.  If you go 0-5 and say to reporters, did you see those foul ball though, the fans would rip you a new one.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Indeed, many thought the Yankees were going to win the World Series last season. Similar results with this. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Is there anything on the horizon?  We get cold after the grinch storm, before warming up for a New Years cutter?  Close the shades for the next 10-14+ days in SNE?  

Shades are wide open. Nothing is showing right now but something could easily pop up and bury all of SNE. I don’t think the pattern is great but who knows maybe we can get lucky.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

How on Earth did you think I was trolling you. My point was that I think your outlook doesn’t quite explain why interior areas have been meh so far. I didn’t say it was bad or trash it. Quite the opposite. 

I didn't expect ORH to be getting totally shafted. Agree.

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it’s too early to punt first half of Jan. Post-Xmas looks useless though for now. Most guidance has AK pig retrograding back toward Aleutians in early January which matches some of the tropical stuff so it’s possible we get into a good pattern sometime in early January, but obviously no guarantees. 

Strongly advise against punting first half of January...yes, there should be a big, bad, ugly thaw after the first week, but I think shit is going to go down during the rest of the month.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Aren’t you Chicago bound soon?  Deep winter out that way.

Nope.  Stuck here with covid-trip last week got cancelled from covid.  I took Paxlovid and now have a rebound case which is annoying.  If I was covid free I’d head out there but I’d wait until it was 24 hours away.