Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

41 minutes ago, 512high said:

Just wondering, what should ocean temperatures be at this time of the year?  Are we really that warm say compared to last year this time?

Last year was even warmer.  Here are the last five years of ocean temps for Boston on December 18.

2022  48.2F

2021  50.4F

2020  46.9F

2019  45.7F

2018  45.1F

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

1500’ in a bears den?

I said specifically NNE, interior and elevations favored. The rest of the interior just had a few inches before that. 

No wonder why less and less people put forth any type of large scale effort to produce seasonal stuff on this site. People don't get the weather binky that they want, and they shit on everything.

When I blow it, I say so...this month has gone according to plan.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I said specifically NNE, interior and elevations favored. The rest of the interior just had a few inches before that. 

No wonder why less and less people put forth any type of large scale effort to produce seasonal stuff on this site. People don't get the weather binky that they want, and they shit on everything.

When I blow it, I say so...this month has gone according to plan.

A lot of SNE will be close to record low snowfall December. I doubt you expected that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Anyone else want to make fun of the coldest  nation wide Christmas since 83 declaration? The trolls did

sfct.conus.png

Our corporate media are headlining things like "Polar vortex to unleash menacing arctic blast".

We used to call it winter, but, that was before climate change turned normal, seasonal and longer-period variations in temperature into a man-made environmental disaster.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No wonder why less less people put forth any type of large scale effort to produce seasonal stuff on this site. People don't get the weather binky that they want, and they shit on everything.

I think you nailed it. Don't take Scott serious.  His rage against the machine is well noted.

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

Our corporate media are headlining things like "Polar vortex to unleash menacing arctic blast".

We used to call it winter, but, that was before climate change turned normal, seasonal and longer-period variations in temperature into a man-made environmental disaster.

Is pretty rare though nation wide

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yup. RNA is the reason that I didn't go big this month. But if it ends up as awful as last December, then that is bad luck. I agree that I didn't expect it to be that bad snowfallwise near the coast. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

You could easily say I didn’t expect interior SNE to be skunked.  

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Look we had a real nice 5 inches and hoped we did not cut but alas your prowess in LR is well known. I should have listened to you ..  wait you only Monday Morning quarterback

Gotta love the degreed Monday AM QBs in marketing...you expect it from hobbyists.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

OK so a half inch difference? I’m talking amounts, not ranks.

You and I both know that the goal of long range and seasonal forecasting is to capture the general idea...little screw areas like that not withstanding.

I think I have done that, so far.

'Cmon...