Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Let’s hope because its close the shades for awhile if not. Seems like the week between XMAS and New Years has been a shut out for awhile in SNE at least,  would be nice to break that pattern. 

10 year anniversary of one of my favorites (sorry BOS folks)

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This threat was always it in my eyes....there was never a heck of a lot more to talk about, so now that this is over with, we are meteorologically moribund into early January.

Sucks and blows.

You did well on your outlook....sorry if I wasn't clear and it came off the wrong way. Just can't get things to go our way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You did well on your outlook....sorry if I wasn't clear and it came off the wrong way. Just can't get things to go our way. 

Well, the month isn't over yet and long season ahead. I only posted that because this visceral reaction that all of the forecasts were crap just because it didn't snow isn't always fair. If I blow January, then I'll be the first to admit it. Hopefully something shows up soon.

If January does suck, I think I will be pretty resigned to the first stretch of five consecutive well below normal snowfall seasons for MBY on record dating back to at least 1956.

The regression crap is def. put to bed for me....this is the 1980s. That would be 7/8 below normal seasons dating back to 2015.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

One thing I am guilty of this month is being too reactionary to the medium range guidance at like days 6-10. I wish I had remained more reserved in the tone of some of my updates.

Ray not you fault or Scott, Kevin, Tip and I can go on, You see a signal out there, looks good we start a thread, then shit hits the fan. WE WAIT.... this site is great, everyone busting on each other, makes us all laugh, as long as we are not "punching below the belt" its all good, we have no control over this.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s as bad or possibly worse than the 2020 one I am thankful there no snow ti melt . Less stress 

I would be shocked if this intense round of blocking is a one-off....there should be more down the road. Maybe not this extreme, but I don't think its +++NAO the rest of the way, either.

9 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Strongly advise against punting first half of January...yes, there should be a big, bad, ugly thaw after the first week, but I think shit is going to go down during the rest of the month.

you can't thaw what is not yet frozen :)

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If January does suck, I think I will be pretty resigned to the first stretch of five consecutive well below normal snowfall seasons for MBY on record dating back to at least 1956.

The regression crap is def. put to bed for me....this is the 1980s.

yeah this would be the 5th year BN in a row for me as well. a couple of those were only a little BN, but a couple were ho-ho-horendous

4 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

you can't thaw what is not yet frozen :)

yeah this would be the 5th year BN in a row for me as well. a couple of those were only a little BN, but a couple were ho-ho-horendous

The closest to normal that I have been since 2017-2018 is 51", which is still at least 10" below normal. The only thing I can say for this period is that I have avoided a true, epic ratter, since I got that big event in December of 2019 that some of the area had precip type issues in....so while I haven't had a brutally awful season, its been death by a thousand paper cuts because they have all been subpar and frustrating.

Its bee four consecutive years between about 44 and 51"...rinse, repeat Groundhog day.