Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Was just messing around with ya…cuz you mentioned that you had to contain your excitement, and not talk it up.  As soon as you said that, GFS went way out east. 

All good - I totally got it. I thought the same thing when I saw that GFS post like 200 miles (or 500??) wide right.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Mar ‘93 was an epic one too. Esp considering how primitive models were back then. 

Geoff Fox on WTNH New Haven nailed that from beyond his five day if I remember correctly. Never in specifics but in a 'watch out for next week' kinda way.

49 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Boxing Day did have it and lost it but it didn’t bring it back until 48 hours out or even less. It was 12z GFS on 12/24 that went nuts and HPC tossed it, lol…then it quickly became apparent at 18z that it had scored a coup as NAM went bonkers and then I think RGEM did (before 18z GFS confirmed the 12z run wasn’t a random model blip)

Janice Huff, the terrible NYC telemet said 2 inches on the 24th 11 PM broadcast.  Lee Goldberg was hyping possibilities.  That guy Nick whatshisface from fox 5 was honking blizzard.  It was a great storm.

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Let’s hope we can get it to produce something that can give us a good storm. 

If it doesn't produce snow, it better produce enough rain to flood my backyard, enough wind to put a tree through my deck, or enough cold to immobilize my car. Big dog or bust for next week.  

• Like 2