Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

20 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Pretty rare for the models to latch on in the long range and never waver. March ‘17 rings a bell, and the ‘16 mid Atlantic blizzard too. But I can’t think of any since. 

January ‘16 was extraordinary in DC. We kept waiting for the rug to get pulled and it never happened. 

I think it’s also worth noting that the Friday threat had been signaled for a while too. Models have done well highlighting potential so far imo.

4 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

You know we are going to get at least one model run where everything comes together and it absolutely destroys us. Can’t wait to see what that one looks like. 

Placing my bets on a HH GFS run.

28 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No....Euro caught on around 132-138 hours out and no other models joined until like 2 or 3 runs later.

12/17/20 was seen over a week out.

IIRC, there was a few days when the Euro and GFS would be slammer/OTS one run then OTS/slammer the next.  One could get whiplash following the changes.

Just now, UnitedWx said:

Apparently it wasn't, maybe I'm thinking 2015? This is according to Will, and we all know he has some kind of weather pack to Google implant in his brain. The man can recall events 30 years ago on a dime

You know I was wondering the same! I can't even tell you what I had for dinner last Friday!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Apparently it wasn't, maybe I'm thinking 2015? This is according to Will, and we all know he has some kind of weather pack to Google implant in his brain. The man can recall events 30 years ago on a dime

I think Boxing Day did the ole 'early signal - lost the signal - then brought it back' like 72 hours out. That was a trend there for a while IIRC

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cut said:

I think Boxing Day did the ole 'early signal - lost the signal - then brought it back' like 72 hours out. That was a trend there for a while IIRC

Boxing Day did have it and lost it but it didn’t bring it back until 48 hours out or even less. It was 12z GFS on 12/24 that went nuts and HPC tossed it, lol…then it quickly became apparent at 18z that it had scored a coup as NAM went bonkers and then I think RGEM did (before 18z GFS confirmed the 12z run wasn’t a random model blip)

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Boxing Day did have it and lost it but it didn’t bring it back until 48 hours out or even less. It was 12z GFS on 12/24 that went nuts and HPC tossed it, lol…then it quickly became apparent at 18z that it had scored a coup as NAM went bonkers and then I think RGEM did (before 18z GFS confirmed the 12z run wasn’t a random model blip)

That's right - the NAM was thought of as the blind squirrel finding a nut.

14 minutes ago, cut said:

Love what I see for next week - I have to try to contain myself. Every time I talk up the models I put the jinx on the threat, plus everyone looks at me sideways "the GF what? The yoro - wasn't that a car in the 80's from Yugoslavia?"

You already Ginxed it lmao…it’s too far east.  It’s over :lmao:

• Confused 1