Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,272
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Iceberg
    Newest Member
    Iceberg
    Joined

Wake me Up....when September Ends....


40/70 Benchmark
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

And way to show what it would have been using the old normals?  I would assume in that example it would be a higher departure?

I think I posted them once on here last year, but can't find it. I know the CON avg for Sep went up +1.4F in 1991-2020 over 1981-2010.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Won’t be any heat wave anywhere.

Forecast certainty decreases into early next week but initial model
guidance suggests a low chance for above normal to even well above
normal temps. With 925mb temps possibly reaching +21 to +24C early
next week and W/SW flow, highs could reach the mid to even upper
80s. Do feel that the CPC`s 6 to 10 day temperature outlook might be
a little too bullish for our region, given the proximity to a H5
trough nearby to our northeast. Ensemble guidance also suggests that
the most positive H5 anomalies to our west
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Won’t be any heat wave anywhere.

Forecast certainty decreases into early next week but initial model
guidance suggests a low chance for above normal to even well above
normal temps. With 925mb temps possibly reaching +21 to +24C early
next week and W/SW flow, highs could reach the mid to even upper
80s. Do feel that the CPC`s 6 to 10 day temperature outlook might be
a little too bullish for our region, given the proximity to a H5
trough nearby to our northeast. Ensemble guidance also suggests that
the most positive H5 anomalies to our west

We knew.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I should start writing my own AFDs...that way I can use the preferred verbiage and expect the weather that I want to expect. We psychosis....

I see no reference to 90s in the AFD and it was written at 3am without access to the euro as the 00z euro abandoned it's crazy ridge idea, which we expected. 

Kevin is like the bees this time of year. Very erratic, sometimes angry and aggressive during the change of seasons.

  • Haha 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I see no reference to 90s in the AFD and it was written at 3am without access to the euro as the 00z euro abandoned it's crazy ridge idea, which we expected. 

Kevin is like the bees this time of year. Very erratic, sometimes angry and aggressive during the change of seasons.

I can't wait until he settles into his cold/snow routine....then we just have the ambiguously warm trio of Forky, torch tiger and snowman19 to contend with....but at least the latter is 5PPD limited.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I can't wait until he settles into his cold/snow routine....then we just have the ambiguously warm trio of Forky, torch tiger and snowman19 to contend with....but at least the latter is 5PPD limited.

That’s Roctober 1st. Until then it’s warm and summer . After this month ends.. we winter . Hopefully a few screaming soueasters this fall

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Feels great this morning. It was a great summer, but now we move on. 

It was a terrible summer. 

At least the Pats have started and the Bruins start pre-season games in like 10-games and regular season in about a month. Celtics should be exciting again but I can't stomach to watch the NBA anymore...I just get the updates on my phone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...