Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

5 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Fall doesn’t mean cloudy and dreary. The change of season is enjoyable. Leaf colors, swamp ass is gone,football, etc…it’s a great time of the year. 

September and October are great months.

Upper mountain leaves are going yellow.  Usually not much color up high as they go yellow/brownish orange and fall off first… mid-slope and down is where the real color happens in a couple weeks.

But fall vibes despite the warmth up here.  The sun angle just isn’t there anymore. 

E9C54F03-9971-4A49-A4D6-ACC355CC0738.thumb.jpeg.fa42dc186ceb555c7a33adb9f82ecfb6.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

You like it when everything dies and is brown and it's cloudy and dreary outside? Odd.

You do you… no need to troll as the seasons change away from the ones you prefer. 

Even from a strictly weather point of view, other than occasional severe flare ups fall and winter feature many more chances for interesting weather than spring and summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

All I can think of is DIT saying no way until November while reading the AFD…

&& .LONG TERM /THURSDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...<snip> What is clear is that temperatures will be running 10 degrees or so below seasonal averages necessitating the need for a jacket or wind barrier for this forecaster Thursday and Friday. Highs will be in the low/mid 60s with upper 30s to mid 40s for overnight lows.

DE92D2F2-60BF-4555-9A20-5BE8BC9E530B.thumb.png.b60266b4b67ef7f5d689e833b257641c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

&& .LONG TERM /THURSDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...<snip> What is clear is that temperatures will be running 10 degrees or so below seasonal averages necessitating the need for a jacket or wind barrier for this forecaster Thursday and Friday. Highs will be in the low/mid 60s with upper 30s to mid 40s for overnight lows.

DE92D2F2-60BF-4555-9A20-5BE8BC9E530B.thumb.png.b60266b4b67ef7f5d689e833b257641c.png

Nice crisp weather after the Rainer Tuesday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bristolri_wx said:

You do you… no need to troll as the seasons change away from the ones you prefer. 

Even from a strictly weather point of view, other than occasional severe flare ups fall and winter feature many more chances for interesting weather than spring and summer.

Summer is just so painfully boring . May-September usually 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Bye summer

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

If I lived up there I’d wear a long sleeve Under armor half zip pullover with shorts. Who would wear jeans and jackets except older , thinner women and olds?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, dryslot said:

By 7:30pm now you can't see your hand in front of your face, We go to 12/12 light/dark on 09/26 up here, Fall is upon us.

The daylight is very noticeable.  Crazy to think it’s like late March solar right now.  I love that time of year when it’s lengthening noticeably… not sure I like the going dark process as much.

66/64 at 9pm on September 12th seems warm.  Humid evening, not going to lie, I’ve got the AC thermostat on dry mode.  The temp is fine but it’s not crisp or Chamber in any way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If I lived up there I’d wear a long sleeve Under armor half zip pullover with shorts. Who would wear jeans and jackets except older , thinner women and olds?

Depends on what I’m doing. Working on trails, it jeans. I don’t need ticks or scratched up legs from brush. Playing golf or doing light yard work and it’s the outfit you described. 

8 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Fall doesn’t mean cloudy and dreary. The change of season is enjoyable. Leaf colors, swamp ass is gone,football, etc…it’s a great time of the year. 

Shorter days, rapidly increasing darkness.   Pretty colors for a couple of weeks.   Useless season.  Too warm for snow and often too cool and dark for summer.  September is ok though-lately a summer month without oppressive conditions.  I feel ok by late November with winter on the doorstep.   For whatever reason, I like a dark and dank November.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Jesus Christ what a death ridge on the models. This is all time record highs stuff and it just sits there for days

What a seamless transition into dewtempber it has been and one that will soon be replaced by sweaty days of raking dried up leaves and tumble weeds in spooky swampasstober..what a glorious sight it will be!

• Haha 2