Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

9 hours ago, radarman said:

The rare southerly breeze at Quabbin this evening.  Felt weird.

I always thought Quabbin translated is "wind from every f'n direction" lol

9 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

There's been some chilly mornings, I don't put on the heat but put on a sweatshirt when I get out of bed.

Of course I move out of the swamp and it's finally cool down there. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks to me like east of river they die out. 3k NAM has under .10. I we know how these setups go. Congrats W MAss .. they start dying once past Springfield to BDL and you’re left with a dying shower 

Your fave hrrr has around 0.50. You’ll have a decent chance at reducing the famine drought.

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let’s see.. how is Stein going to screw us today??? Oh I see… southerly flow and stable air 

It's a lock 99% of the time here with southerly flow.

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You have a decent chance of storms.

Much better chance than you or I for sure.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It is. We’ve shown all the coc data over and over again to no avail, for some, but your line sums it up perfectly instead.

Lets just get a month of good stuff, and then tone it down for Labor Day. This summer is flying by..never in a million years would I ever have wished to slow it down, but here we are. 

If we have another winter that lasts 4-6 weeks....I'll be on the scorched Earth tour.

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

GFS back to cooler later next week. Curious to see how that shakes out, but feeling like the warmth is going to win this time. 

The model has yawed dramatically between the 06z look and the immediate/previous 00z look, on every run now for 5 cycles.  I suspect the poorer contnuity is a nod in favor of your leaning/ I concur... 

My thing is that I don't know if it will result in so much heat - per se.  As I was mentioning yesterday, I am more confident of the 'flow relaxation' than I am of the higher heat and or any ridge propagation east.   Pattern changes sometimes begin that way - but doing so in the middle of summer whence there is a natural dearth of forcing larger-scale mechanics is heh...  Some of the relaxed look could also just be intra -seasonal nebular summer climatology/circulation mode, too..  Bottom line, the sensible impact is bit less certain.  The 00z Euro/GFS combo has a 4 day heat wave.  06z GFS ... has 66 at Logan one of those days!

Can you look at KFIT?   I'm telling you ...that hygrometer needs calibration.  It's registering 57 and all other NWS sites, including EEN over to MHT are 61 to 63 ...as well as BDL/BED/ASH... It's a dry hole there all the time.. curious what other Mets think

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

It was dry this morning away from the ocean and even now with dews up we have that wonderful southerly breeze making things comfortable as we heat up. Been a rough year for the triple H er's

Very breezy walking the dog. Felt a little cool in shaded areas but the dews are creeping up. Muggy incoming as is the pool after tutoring

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Lets just get a month of good stuff, and then tone it down for Labor Day. This summer is flying by..never in a million years would I ever have wished to slow it down, but here we are. 

If we have another winter that lasts 4-6 weeks....I'll be on the scorched Earth tour.

You have positively got to be kidding me....you are one of the last few people in New England who should be on a scorched earth tour for anything concerning winter. You have above average snows every year.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2