Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, this may yet turn into an actual drought for parts of SNE.  

congrats!!

On 3/11/2022 at 6:57 PM, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Warm and dry is my summer jam. 

On 3/11/2022 at 4:40 PM, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I want nothing more than a warm, abnormally dry summer.

On 3/11/2022 at 4:53 PM, Torch Tiger said:

Driest summer ever?

On 3/11/2022 at 5:11 PM, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Bring it on.  :sun:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, radarman said:

congrats!!

I’ve loved it so far. Only a few days of using air conditioning and great outdoor weather.

My professional farmer friends are hurting and lawns are ash but it’s been a great stretch of weather.  It’s also nice to be on town water instead of a well.

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’ve loved it so far. Only a few days of using air conditioning and great outdoor weather.

My professional farmer friends are hurting and lawns are ash but it’s been a great stretch of weather.  It’s also nice to be on town water instead of a well.

It has been epic from a sensible wx standpoint no doubt.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Still early . Maybe the dew a thin the next few months will help. That’s what Iceberg thinks. My experience tells me drought gets worse until the cane in Sept . These tend to build on themselves 

Dews will certainly prevent Stein from checking himself in, especially if the war kicks in. We could he entering a monsoon stretch as the month unfolds.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is half the reason I love dews. You at least entertain storms. With Coc k you just go dry and limp 

Wasn’t it just two years ago you were posting shots of your lawn looking just absolutely toasted?  Or was it further back than that?

It seems you guys get summers of two kinds down there WRT precip… it’s either a desert or there’s mushrooms growing.  No in between.  And long haul it all averages out.  Like 20-30” in 3-4 months or like 4” in 3-4 months.  No like “normal” 12-inches in 3 months.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wasn’t it just two years ago you were posting shots of your lawn looking just absolutely toasted?  Or was it further back than that?

It seems you guys get summers of two kinds down there WRT precip… it’s either a desert or there’s mushrooms growing.  No in between.  And long haul it all averages out.  Like 20-30” in 3-4 months or like 4” in 3-4 months.  No like “normal” 12-inches in 3 months.

That was in September. Got .38 tonight in 4 minutes . It all runs off.. but it does wet down the dust until 2:00 pm tomorrow when it’s evaporated . Last summer we had 43” from May -Aug. Literally every single storm hit me. This is only the 2nd storm all summer 

This year so far it’s around 5” thru today 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That was in September. Got .38 tonight in 4 minutes . It all runs off.. but it does wet down the dust until 2:00 pm tomorrow when it’s evaporated . Last summer we had 43” from May -Aug. Literally every single storm hit me. This is only the 2nd storm all summer 

This year so far it’s around 5” thru today 

Second line of storms completely missed here also.  Congrats to those along the MA Pike I guess.