• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

Posted this in the severe thread but nobody goes in there but is there a true warm front which lifts north tomorrow night or Tuesday morning? Can't find anything definitive supporting a warm front but it boggles me b/c we're advecting a higher theta-e airmass in but maybe it's just the result of developing southwesterly flow ahead of the approaching trough? 

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

anything that threatens 'totem symbolism,' where familiarity feels safe as a method, as being untrue.

you know...I've often thought of the paradox science has to battle.  It's simply not mentally tenable to too many, where all people tend to fear what they don't understand?  

Those big scary technology created models, ... the cinema of which requires Navier-Stokes tensor analysis ( lol ) telling us that our summers of lore and winters of yore may be more or less over, prooobably fits something trying to abolish people's comfort zones...

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Is that the guy with like a dozen songs about beer? Lyrical genius right there.

Luke Combs is fantastic. I get county isn’t for everyone. In this community .. there’s a lot of “anti country” I never used to like it, but now it’s a huge part of my life and music repertoire. As is rock, metal , and rap . I don’t know how anyone that is a music fan, is sociable, and liked to have fun could watch this video and not feel good . The last part with the buddies ripping beers , hang by the campfire.. that’s what life’s about . Having fun. Whether you drink beer or not . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t know how anyone that is a music fan, is sociable, and liked to have fun could watch this video and not feel good . The last part with the buddies ripping beers , hang by the campfire.. that’s what life’s about . Having fun. Whether you drink beer or not . 

See you can have a lot of fun by a campfire when it’s hoodie and jacket weather.  One even has a knit hat on.  They look like they wish the dews were higher to really enjoy it.

I don’t mind country music.  I tend to like the pop country more than the twangy old-school stuff.  It’s definitely social music if that makes sense.  The upbeat stuff… not the sad love story crap about an old high school girlfriend or whatever.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

See you can have a lot of fun by a campfire when it’s hoodie and jacket weather.  One even has a knit hat on.  They look like they wish the dews were higher to really enjoy it.

I don’t mind country music.  I tend to like the pop country more than the twangy old-school stuff.  It’s definitely social music if that makes sense. 

I’m not trying to dictate what people like or should listen to . In this community.. theres not a lot of country fans . Imagine Forky listening to a solid country song .. but it is some of the best music out there . I’m not into pop country . I like down home .. legit country like Combs, Shelton , Eric Church etc . I just happen to think Luke Combs is one of the most talented musicians we have seen in many years . Sure a lot of songs have beer in them .. but country music in general you can find beer, whisky etc in probably 1/4 to 1/2 of all songs . 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I don’t mind country music.  I tend to like the pop country more than the twangy old-school stuff.  It’s definitely social music if that makes sense.  The upbeat stuff… not the sad love story crap about an old high school girlfriend or whatever.

So, in other words, you don’t like country music, yiu like pop music. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Country. Blah. 

Yea, people like more bounce:

Distribution of streamed music consumption in the United States in 2021, by genre:

R&B/hip-hop 29.9%
Rock 17%
Pop 13.3%
Country 7.9%
Latin 6.1%
Dance/electronic (EDM) 3.5%
Christian/gospel 1.8%
World 1.7%
Children 1.2%
Classical 0.9%
Jazz 0.8%

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

So, in other words, you don’t like country music, yiu like pop music. 

Haha.  Again not the biggest country music fan, but every time I hear it is in social settings usually with beer flowing.  It's not something I listen to myself.  DIT isn't wrong on that side to be honest :lol:.

No country music playing here by choice. 

• Like 1