Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Record lows set at Saranac Lake, Plattsburgh, Glens Falls.

Up here MVL has a shorter POR (1987?) but the previous lowest was 43F in 2012 and we hit 40F.

The super-rare mid-summer record mins.  HIE/BML likely were close or in there.

Leads to a stunning day! Probably the nicest day of the year. I doubt you'd get much argument.

I know why the summer's averaging like this... and why it is likely to persist - how long?   mm.. not sure I'm willing to bet the end of the month roasts...  It may take past the solar max ( ~ Aug 8 exit ) for this shit to stop.  

But does that matter?

Like this week, we should be 85 to 91 in two intervals through D7 ... 9, with the interlude merely back to average.   It's not big heat, no. It just boring anadyne weather of the dog day variety ...  Tough time of the year for drama enthusiasts that need any dystopian model cinema to make their lives bearable - lol. 

But the truth is, it's not really that cold?  it isn't...  So far this month the 4 climate sites over at NWS Boston's on-line climate sheet for dummies are averaging +1 to +1.8

We had a < normal night ... numerically insufficient to move those 10 day weight means above much lower - and in fact ... given to where we are likely heading ... it's going the other direction over this next 7 days.

And that is, despite the overall appeal of the pattern configuration.  

All these locations were 82 .. 84 yesterday - save Boston, which they get the Harbor fart nod no matter what's happening. 

Yet we are in a pattern that certainly looks cooler than normal with that perpetual nadir in the heights over SE Canada.  When not incurring a trough here, there's not ridging either.   See ... there's weird offsetting relativities going on...  We are in a cooler than normal circulation construct that is having trouble producing actual below normal averages despite enabled winter obsessed gloating.  Even considering last night... I guarantee, the 7-day mean will be negligible negative and probably ends up negligible decimals the other way. 

Bustin' our balls there a bit but truth is, it's not demonstrative - it's been more pattern symbolic.   It's like we have vying relativity's... You know? It's normal to modestly warm, relative to a cool looking pattern. 

Yet where it is hot in the country, it's threatening to get wicked.  It seems the music of CC plays in the background despite the cinema of the moments attempting to lie about what is going on.    

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A very confused poster seemed to be making a weather forecast with an op run snapshot 

Which run did you have in mind - like,... which specific run cycle.

The 00z and 06z look nothing like in the 15th to 25th.  

Secondly,no one should using a model as a "snapshot" -   ... I mean obviously...

Look, this isn't an engagement that has anything to do with Meteorology and everything to do with f'n around.  You've been instructed, both kindly and condescendingly ( because folks are at a loss), and being an intelligent guy yet impenetrable to logic and propriety ... it is clear there is no interest in Meteorology.  I am officially wasting my time typing and will now stop - LOL

continue to have fun. Life is short  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Secondly,no one should using a model as a "snapshot" -   ... I mean obviously...

Look, this isn't an engagement that has anything to do with Meteorology and everything to do with f'n around.  You've been instructed, both kindly and condescendingly ( because folks are at a loss), and being an intelligent guy yet impenetrable to logic and propriety ... it is clear there is no interest in Meteorology.  I am officially wasting my time typing and will now stop - LOL

I am here for the science and the learning .. and that’s it . 

• Haha 6
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

:lol: The bit is to mock people who use model runs to formulate ideas.  

Somebody in Chicago must read this subforum

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Chicago/Romeoville, IL
556 AM CDT Sun Jul 10 2022

.SHORT TERM...
Issued at 159 AM CDT Sun Jul 10 2022

Through Tonight...

With a 1022mb surface high pressure system centered over Lower
Michigan, it`s a tranquil morning with light winds, clear skies, low
humidity, and seasonably cool temperatures in the upper 50s to lower
60s. Given the surface high will only slowly drift southward
throughout the day, we`re in store for "Chamber of Commerce" weather
today with sunny skies, light winds, and highs in the low to mid
80s. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

He is VCATT so we do our very best to help guide him to clarity.

52 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

"it is clear there is no interest in Meteorology"

Truer words have never been spoken!!!

• Like 1