July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

Little shower with 0.02" about 10 last evening, no flickers nor rumbles noted, nice 7-10 exactly as modeled.  2022 precip was running at average thru April, only about 50% since then.  Garden season precip has been lacking over the past 6-7 years compared to my first 16-18 years here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Nothing says summer like deer flies. Effing things...

Staying here in Sturbridge and out for a walk and women in passing commented on how humid it was; I almost laughed out loud. Nice weather with a touch of humidity and some deer flies poking around.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There is a cap on how far west I'll go because I commute to Chelsea...if it weren't for the commute, then I would probably go to around Westford.

I guess you're manacled to the blazing speed of changes in state protocols and accessibility ... so Remote work won't be an option until the grid actually fails, at which point it will be moot -

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, as a state LICSW, there isn't really an option for remote work.

annnd that means you work directly with clients, then?    sorry - I know nothing of social work.  

They allow you to prescribe medication with a Master's degree though ? 

41 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Staying here in Sturbridge and out for a walk and women in passing commented on how humid it was; I almost laughed out loud. Nice weather with a touch of humidity and some deer flies poking around.

Cutting trees in the woods yesterday, two women came by on their horses all netted up. Asked me how I could stand the deer flies. Told them they didn't bother me much. If you come golfing I'll be the guy with the welts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

annnd that means you work directly with clients, then?    sorry - I know nothing of social work.  

They allow you to prescribe medication with a Master's degree though ? 

Yes, I work directly with clients. No, I can not directly prescribe meds, but can help to facilitate the process....however, there is a push in Mass to empower LICSWs to be able to prescribe meds with some extra training.

• Like 1

Sorry for the OT...last bit on this, but my day job is more case management, though I do have two clients on the side that I do therapy with each twice weekly...and it is the side gig where the med prescription element would be more relevant for me specifically....as at work, my role is largely relegated to touching base with the psychiatrist/prescriber to recommend a prescription.

• Like 1

I just saw an internal memo that exposed that the modeler's are doing this on purpose, interestingly enough...

image.png.b96afb452db90185be66133e944ce41d.png

The exact motivations for parameterizing/forcing the run to illustrate this physically excessive disparity, and seemingly deliberate singling out of SNE ...was not explicitly elaborated but the experiment was an apparent success -

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I just saw an internal memo that exposed that the modeler's are doing this on purpose, interestingly enough...

image.png.b96afb452db90185be66133e944ce41d.png

The exact motivations for parameterizing/forcing the run to illustrate this physically excessive disparity, and seemingly deliberate singling out of SNE ...was not explicitly elaborated but the experiment was an apparent success -

What a pants tent run.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

57 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

well... it kinda isn't, because that's cloudy murk and misty light rain east flowin' rhea.

I mean, obviously at 384 hours discussion is not warranted, just sayn'    

Well, it kinda is.....I hate the strong sun and the heat, so we take....theoretically speaking. Not banking on the 384 hour GFS, of course :lol:

• Thanks 1