joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tucks it right inside BM before sending it ENE. Classic major blizzard for most of SNE and parts of NNE.

Gary Gray piping in just before the Euro was the best JUJU ever , for the younguns. Gary was our go to guy back on IRC #weather

SP... yup, still in the met field (thankfully... I know many fellow graduates who are doing computers or other stuff, since met jobs aren't exactly plentiful). I'm doing forecasting for a commodities trading firm... a complete change from my previous met career - which was writing software for weather satellite products and analysis. I've been doing this forecasting work for about five years, which is what spelled the end of my discussions/posts (conflict of interest... they forbid me to continue providing forecasts outside of work). Of course, I'm sure just posting about upcoming storms here on a wx forum would hardly be a breach... but I just stopped altogether cuz it was safer/easier. Anyway, I'm back in New England (SW CT) after a long stint in the Mid-Atl... cringing after missing last year in the Mid-Atl.

Sub 972 low about 25 miles off Montauk. Likely blizzard conditions for most of SNE.

Ptype problems inside 128 and through much of RI.

Nah, its all snow until you get to south shore maybe and Cape Cod...and maybe SE RI. BOS stays freezing or colder on the EC...they;d have to go to at least upper 30s to signal ptype problems since the sfc temps are always too warm....that wind wont get anyone except the Cape and maybe PYM to UUU.

Hi Eleanor!!! This is Craig Goedecke..former NWS Coop Observer and Skywarn spotter from Jaffrey...living in Hull Mass...400 feet from the Atlantic side of the Ocean... give me a ring after Christmas...would love to chat with you...Miss ya much and great to see you here on American wx forum!

Hi Craig!

Good to see you here, too. Was on EUS as well.

Pretty busy lately as two forecasters moved away (yes, including Walt). Lots going on personally as well. Maybe best to PM for now, but have your number in case. Hey, if you're up to it, maybe you can make a GTG.

Take it easy, friend!

--Turtle ;)

Archived