Newest Member
    joxey
December 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts heading into the rest of the 12z:

There is one undeniable broad trend the last 3-4 days. Gradually the threat for the most precip has been sliding north and east as the hook occurs later and later when you look at the east coast as a whole. Areas well away from the mean track spent a full day or two trying to explain why the models should be further west/northwest than they were before it became crystal clear.

As we found with the storm earlier in the week although there was some degree of feedback (not to this extent) it didn't really effect the course in a way that significantly impacted a huge area of New England.

The NAM did trend west, the 60hr QPF maps tell the story. The question really is at this point how much further west does it get before the hook as we seem to be locking into a solution cone.

Did you see the NAM sim radar? pushes a band into Boston and then up towards Ray, then shows some nice precip bending back nw Maine into NH. IN NYC thread, don't know how to bring it here.

You can do the 6h on the NCEP site or the 3hr here http://www.twisterdata.com

But be aware on the td site it will always appear a bit overdone.

I'll use the scientific term I saw posted on another thread, RGEM more diggy.

RGEM I thought was encouraging in that CMC appears to be coming around. NAM has ticked west each run...almost there. I looked at the EC ens from Allen's site and it seemed pretty robust but only 24 hour intervals...any other info on those?

Archived