joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pretty damn amped, so while the solution might look amazing, I certainly wouldn't buy it at face value...its probably part of the fluctuations we will see as the models try to hone in on a solution.

But to see a change like this at this juncture (especially after a great 00z) is pretty shocking to me. I think everyone thought a late phase but trended NW to bring big snows to Boston was definitely on the table... but this I think is pretty shocking.

This has got to be one of the most poorly modeled and forecasted storm like this I can remember.

This is pretty damn amped, so while the solution might look amazing, I certainly wouldn't buy it at face value...its probably part of the fluctuations we will see as the models try to hone in on a solution.

It will be fun to look at for sure.

It would be remarkable if the models failed this miserably and this was the end solution.

If you look at 500. The reason its so amped is that there is def more energy that has "rounded the trough" and coming up the coast, rather than hanging back in the midwest.

But to see a change like this at this juncture (especially after a great 00z) is pretty shocking to me. I think everyone thought a late phase but trended NW to bring big snows to Boston was definitely on the table... but this I think is pretty shocking.

This has got to be one of the most poorly modeled and forecasted storm like this I can remember.

Many of us thought it could and would come back NW

Archived