• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

The NAM would have been a lot closer to the 12z GFS minus the convective feedback,

]

100% agree and I think everyone is saying that too.

With the last system there were always a few outliers in the SREF members, GEFs etc that delivered blizzards like this.

I can never, ever recall a situation in which the RGEM/NAM were weaker and east while the GFS had a bomb. It just is bizarre.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy Blizzard Batman! Too bad that this keeps fluctuating between Blizzard and Flizzard. Need this to show up as is the next 2-3 runs now. But, signs are good for some good sledding weather with the kiddies this week. Call it the Christmas miracle? BTW, to whomever got this board back up and running from the old site, I thank you very much... This is not just a hobby, but following along is wildly entertaining. Each storm is like a full Red Sox season - ups, downs, excitement, dissapointment. At a minimum, great fun.

So true!

Thats why I'm not really skeptic... Euro showed this exact solution a couple of days ago.

Will, If the euro comes west is it game on for sure?

I was just thinking that. So in a way there is some model agreement here. Going to be fun to watch the Euro come in.

I'm out to take advantage of a pretty nice day. (33/18 sunny)

Clean the garage then some pond skating.

:snowman:

I love how the GFS gets trashed but when it shows solutions people like they stick to it like a parasite but when it shows an unfavorable solution it must be thrown out.

Honestly I don't see that as the case at all. Will/Scott/Ryan and about everyone else has said wait and see. I don't think anyone is buying it without support.

Everyone argues the EC is superior to the GFS and at about this range on the last system it started to take over. Same goes for the retro trough. If it really supports the GFS time to get the shovels greased and my raincoat out. Otherwise.....

NOGAPS no changes from 0z, still a whiff.

12z NAM bumped west... SREF probabilities went up as well SNE-wide.

The NAM is nothing like the GFS with the early phase. The GFS looks like the Euro from 2 days ago... haven't really seen any solution like it since (save 1 or 2 GFS ensemble members).

So you're saying there's a chance?

Honestly I don't see that as the case at all. Will/Scott/Ryan and about everyone else has said wait and see. I don't think anyone is buying it without support.

Everyone argues the EC is superior to the GFS and at about this range on the last system it started to take over. Same goes for the retro trough. If it really supports the GFS time to get the shovels greased and my raincoat out. Otherwise.....

NOGAPS no changes from 0z, still a whiff.

Oh definitely, if the Euro starts showing something similar to the GFS than it's certainly time to start putting a little more stock into the GFS's solution. It was pretty nice though to see the 12z GFS be rather consistent with last night's 0z run. If last night's Euro was west as well than it would definitely be time to get rather excited. (I'm talking about CT though...eastern MA folks should be VERY excited right now).

12z NAM bumped west... SREF probabilities went up as well SNE-wide.

The NAM is nothing like the GFS with the early phase. The GFS looks like the Euro from 2 days ago... haven't really seen any solution like it since (save 1 or 2 GFS ensemble members).

I could see that s/w energy coming in stronger on the backside, but that was wild..lol. I really don't think it can be taken seriously until the rest of the runs show it...even EC ensembles.

Crazy Uncle remains way OTS.

Thats not good... What they hell is going on here?

I know I usually say it... but this seriously might be the biggest run of the euro for the year. If it holds/west... game on... if it goes east..game off... simple as that

Archived