Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off to the People's Republic of Patheticut to visit the outlaws.

WHOOOO HOOO... will be checking this on the ride down.

The HUGE downer if the GFS were to play out is my in-laws will be snowed in here. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They'll be saying "Mike sure does take a long time to clear the driveway.......".

Thats not good... What they hell is going on here?

I know I usually say it... but this seriously might be the biggest run of the euro for the year. If it holds/west... game on... if it goes east..game off... simple as that

Phasing is probably occurring too late and this is really going to make or break for most of us.

Ryan, Darren just mentioned GFS, just threw a monkey wrench in, says good handle on intensity, Threw it all on you .LOL

All depends on the Euro I guess. Not really sure what to make of the GFS. It's so extreme and develops that extreme solution starting at like hour 36 I really don't know what to think.

Without other global support, it seems rather silly to give more than a passing glance at the GFS, especially considering it's awful consistency this season. And the fact that in 60hr the NAM barely brings warning snows to the Canal.

The whole issue is the phase around 36 hours. If we see other models dig the northern stream like the op GFS then it's time to get excited. It won't take too much longer to figure out if that phase is going to happen because it will be underway by tomorrow night.

It's weird the deal is totally sealed on the GFS by 36 hours with the imminent phase over the southeast. It's odd to have a model like the GFS totally alone at 36 hours lol.

And with the phase everything is already negatively tilted so this allows the low that develops somewhere around FL to develop much closer to the coast and then track closer to the coast as well so it doesn't have much of an eastward movement. NAM at the same time doesn't have the phase and still has a more neutral to positive tilt with things.

That looks pretty darn close for the NOGAPS, no?

For the NOGAPs sort of, but the more important factor most will usually cite is that it didn't trend west from 0z.

Did the winter recon data get into the12Z suite? If so, this is probably the reason for the sudden favorable change....just a thought

I don't think it did.

Without other global support, it seems rather silly to give more than a passing glance at the GFS, especially considering it's awful consistency this season. And the fact that in 60hr the NAM barely brings warning snows to the Canal.

Agreed. It's puzzling that the model that hit the Monday event the hardest is the furthest east of the two.

What matters is the Euro and the 18z. The UK/GGEM/NOGAPS were terrible Monday.

The GGEM ticked west by a decent margin.

I don't really care what any of the globals besides the GFS and Euro think... the Euro because it is the Euro.. and the GFS because it is the only one that has any credibility with this storm because it is the only one remotely close to the Euro. All the other models have had garbage OTS solutions which are clearly not going to happen, and they still don't have a handle on the storm. It would only take a minor adjustment to the 00z Euro to get a 12z GFS type storm. The 00z Euro still trumps the 12z GFS IMO, but it might come west a little. Not totally buying into the very extreme 12z GFS.

I don't really care what any of the globals besides the GFS and Euro think... the Euro because it is the Euro.. and the GFS because it is the only one that has any credibility with this storm because it is the only one remotely close to the Euro.

That's what's funny. Until last night the GFS has been really consistent. Definitely agree with your assessment.

The flag on the NAM is the MOS product brings waraning snows back to western MA.

Archived