joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, its all snow until you get to south shore maybe and Cape Cod...and maybe SE RI. BOS stays freezing or colder on the EC...they;d have to go to at least upper 30s to signal ptype problems since the sfc temps are always too warm....that wind wont get anyone except the Cape and maybe PYM to UUU.

BOS comes close... I'd say they may flip at height.

I don't think BOS on south wants the low to get within like 25 miles of MTP lol.

You're right though W/NW suburbs should be fine. 32C 10m isotherm looks like it goes from just west of BOS to WST or so?

I don't think BOS on south wants the low to get within like 25 miles of MTP lol.

You're right though W/NW suburbs should be fine. 32C 10m isotherm looks like it goes from just west of BOS to WST or so?

It looks ok at the surface, but I see a warm tongue coming in at 950 or so which makes me nervous. It's possible I may be ok, but that's all I can take..lol. What a crazy day.

It looks ok at the surface, but I see a warm tongue coming in at 950 or so which makes me nervous. It's possible I may be ok, but that's all I can take..lol. What a crazy day.

Yeah you gotta think there's gonna be some sneaky warm layers. A 970 low near MTP is not the ideal track for BOS/PYM... but we're splitting hairs because this is a mammoth hit for EVERYONE in SNE even those with mixing problems during a portion of the storm.

1500 users...NOW? That is absolutely incredible. At EUSWX, we'd see those kinds of numbers about 10:15 on a weeknight before a storm, but on Christmas morning? Wow!

Great job keeping this thing humming guys! You are doing an absolutely fabulous job!!!!

One Christmas two years ago I was the only person in our SNE thread posting.

QPF for an old timer?

RI/CT...essentially all 1"+

1" line in MA pretty much runs along the CT River

1" line runs in NH/ME from about EEN-LCI-PWM and then inside the coastal counties of ME.

The gradient hits VT. 0.50"-1" in S VT...0.10-0.25 around BTV...0.05ish NW tip.

Looks like Cape is close to 2".

Yeah it would prbobaly run from near BOS to S RI. But I don't think any rain would get into the picture until you got to UUU tor PYM...its a typical CF. I think BOS got to 33F in '78 and other big storms.

Yeah it would prbobaly run from near BOS to S RI. But I don't think any rain would get into the picture until you got to UUU tor PYM...its a typical CF. I think BOS got to 33F in '78 and other big storms.

Yup. Sneaky 900mb warm layer? Who knows. Something to look out for... probably not a big deal

Thanks Ryan got it.

I'm not sweating details yet, has made no sense from the get go. Big storm coming even the 0z NOGAPs is a blizzard.

I just dont know what to expect when I sign back on....up down waiting sideways, throwing models out, taking them back in, bad data, bad gas, who knows.

Good night, merry christmas and get your game faces on for Sunday.

8-14+ for most of the region west of the canal would be a reasonable forecast now.

Just totally stunning but I really hope this holds. Anyways what a great day, going to sleep now b/c I know I'll be up early, for the first time since I was a little kid I think I have that feeling again of waking up on Christmas morning but instead of running to the tree it's the computer.

Merry Christmas all :thumbsup:

Archived