joxey
December 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RI/CT...essentially all 1"+

1" line in MA pretty much runs along the CT River

1" line runs in NH/ME from about EEN-LCI-PWM and then inside the coastal counties of ME.

The gradient hits VT. 0.50"-1" in S VT...0.10-0.25 around BTV...0.05ish NW tip.

Looks like Cape is close to 2".

General 1-2'....can't rule out a stray band with slightly higher.

General 1-2'....can't rule out a stray band with slightly higher.

What an awesome run for everyone lol. Lee Goldberg from ABC had us at 1-3 inches at 6PM at 11PM he said a FOOT is likely and now I just heard he might up totals further tomorrow! I wonder what the winds will be like?

When looking for where the CF might be, you have to factor in the orientation of the sfc contours....notice how they elongate from SW to NE at 54h...so while the low is only about 25-30 mi SE of Montak....the ageostrophic flow is really solidly north much further SE than you would think.

When looking for where the CF might be, you have to factor in the orientation of the sfc contours....notice how they elongate from SW to NE at 54h...so while the low is only about 25-30 mi SE of Montak....the ageostrophic flow is really solidly north much further SE than you would think.

Yeah you're right. What will be interesting is what kind of sneaky warm layers get in this thing as it stacks and occludes.

Prob immediate N shore to interior se MA, then....Dec 2003 esc.

Oh well.....even I can't bi*** right now.

Gonna be fun to wake up and fire up the nws site to see the rainbow of alerts across the east coast :)

Going to be in NY or the Mid Atlantic for this one depending on if we're able to leave in time, crossing my fingers that we're done with the wild fluctuations.

Merry Christmas !

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived