Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

11 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Hit 50.4 here. It wasn’t too bad working outside in Lancaster at least. Felt acceptable once the sun came out late am/noonish.. Wind was nasty in the morning though. 60s would be nice…

Quite possibly the best post on here in several weeks. The alternative was rain and 40’s all week (which was forecast ) and that would have been a disaster. 50’s and sun and wind in Napril is not a disaster . Not close 

• Like 1

It wasn't a great spring day.  It wasn't an unmitigated disaster.  It wasn't how people would draw up this time of year... cold and windy.  One could trick themselves into thinking it was nice outside with the sun, one could also not enjoy standing out in the cold wind with low RH making it feel cooler.

Being in the shade up here felt like mid-winter with icicles and snow still hanging off the hotel balconies while walking to the car at the end of the day... while the afternoon sun was strong enough that if the wind wasn't honking it wasn't that bad (but there was a lot of wind).

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Thanks man. Everyone knew this week would not sniff 60 for farm tanning. We’ll get some real spring over the weekend into next week finally but man oh man, the gfs wants to give the dung train one more ride next weekend with an omega block. 

First week of May can be notorious for chilly weather in New England.  That's just the way it is.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Low of 29° this morning. Hopefully our last freeze of the spring.

two schools ...

one, tonight could be a tick or two colder even than that.  The gradient is already down as of this morning, but will be flattened to nil tonight. Star lit busted open sky will radiate away and decouple a nasty surface layer of popsicle headache ... last month.

two, it's late in the month of Anus now with intense sun. There will be a ton to radiate.  The earth and all physicality exposed to the sun today will absorb to maximum potential.  The chilly air will eat some of that away, but it will be minor compared to the total flux.  The Earth surface is green(ing), adding some minor evaporation and together ... this is like a heat battery. Unlike a month ago, that 'battery' has that large and growing larger by day capacity.  We'll still radiate a prized hog's ass amount tonight but, we'll also thus have a lot to bleed off. 

It'll be an interesting ...albeit a truly 'life fulfilling' tedious weinershnitzel experiment to see if tonight:  

the skies stay clear

in the same essential air mass

over the same essential earth terrain

most importantly, the wind is in fact more calm; not just surface but up thru the boundary layer

... how the low temperatures respond.  

I mean what else are you gonna do?  get laid -   ... This is way more compelling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I feel like I live on the windiest place on Earth lol. 

There’s something about persistent wind that just starts to get really aggravating.
I know that in traditional Chinese folk medicine they talk about wind “stirring anger” and it seems to be working on me. 
:lol:

• Haha 1