• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

All seasonal forecast based upon historic climatological inference are likely to be less correct, then the same practice might yield ...30 or so years ago.

Cannot base current seasonality on climate past; to attempt to do so mean assuming climate = delta(climate)

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Off a high of 52.. and it’s been sunny all afternoon. Got back from Maine late morning. Shorts and a long sleeve outside and comfortable in the sun and wind. Certainly no disasters anywhere in SNE. Maybe up north in NNE sure 

The early morning high. :lol: You are the salesman for sure. Enjoy the best day of the next 3 as you 40s now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I don’t get the obsession to wear shorts in 50 degree weather.  I typically transition to by late May and from by sometime in September or October.  Whatever floats your boat I guess…

Just my thing. Once warm months/ season are here .. it’s shorts always except when visiting customers obviously. Jeans are Nov- Morch

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just my thing. Once warm months/ season are here .. it’s shorts always except when visiting customers obviously. Jeans are Nov- Morch

Wearing shorts outside while still paying for heat inside sounds more like a calendar date flip than a warm/cold flip, no?

I’m with you on wearing shorts as many days as possible but definitely won’t force it if it’s 48-52F all day.

yeah...Sunday almost utopia.  Euro's been consistent with that look over the weekend.  Not sure of the GFS - I tend to ignore it outside of 4 days because of its insistence to shed seasonal change and get back to January that it carries on with even in hot years.  jesus - 

Pretty sure whatever machine guidance has will bust cool if Sunday synopsis works out tho.   All main metrics on board.  Full sun ( low RH all typical ceiling heights), deep layer cold-abandoned NW flow is D-slope.  The 850s go from negative to positive during the mid day on the Euro - likely because the sun zapped super adiabats are pulverizing the cold.   May be a pretty impressive diurnal?   The Euro 2-meter is the adiabatic temp but it doesn't calculate the 100 meter slope temp, which accounting for that would foist the high toward the upper 60s under an intense sun sky.  That's the way to make 67 feel a whole lot warmer than it really is.

• Like 1