Not much to talk about during this period. Highly amplified ridge
builds into the eastern Great Lakes and Quebec. A surface high will
be in place over southern New England. The result will be dry and
quiet weather. Temperatures will moderate as flow aloft shifts to
the W/SW due to the position of the low level ridge. NBM looked
reasonable with widespread temps in the 60s and even some low 70
degree readings.

15 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m in Portland on biz. Rooftop bar at hotel . Cheers while you Inhale cannibus and blacken lungs bro @RUNNAWAYICEBERG

https://i.imgur.com/Z4AKNsE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DZwxIEY.jpg

Hope you were inside.  We drove thru PWM about 5:30 yesterday afternoon and it was upper 40s and spitting rain.

Forecast for Pittston Parm, NW from Moosehead Lake, where I'll be from tomorrow afternoon thru Saturday lunchtime: 

Tonight

Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 3am. Low around 31. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. 

Thursday
Snow before 10am, then rain and snow showers between 10am and 1pm, then rain showers likely after 1pm. High near 36. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Thursday Night
Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Friday
A chance of rain and snow showers before 4pm, then a chance of rain showers between 4pm and 5pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday Night
A chance of rain and snow showers before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers between 11pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.

The bolded part of tomorrow's forecast just screams springtime. :thumbsdown:   Last year it snowed there too, about 5" new with closer to 8" on the high ground near Jackman.  Crummy winters trying to make up for it in late April?  Another 2002? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When will the 5 days of straight rain and 40’s and wheel begin? Asking for a few friends who haven’t been able to log onto the forum since seeing those forecasts last week 

I saw six straight days of rain and temperatures in the 30s. Not sure what forecast you're looking at?

• Haha 2

On 4/21/2022 at 2:59 PM, ORH_wxman said:

Nice hideous cutoff later next week....at least we might stay on the southwest side of it, so it will just be merely annoying rather than disastrous like a May 2005 deal.

Bump....this was actually pretty well-forecasted by model guidance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seemed pretty likely that would happen before the models got around to 'inching' it east enough to spare the region the worst.

"I realize I spent time opining ( ..or 'whining' either way heh ) about the -NAO retrograding earlier.   If the retrograde doesn't happen as quickly as as the previous runs ...that cut-off rhea wheel might end up farther out to sea like the predecessor just did. .."

It seems there's been a real sensitivity with the NAO, right vs wrong over the last several years. It's like the worst performing domain of all telecon's.  Anyway, there are/were other reasons for that presumption, not just the NAO.  The faster than normal hemisphere is still going on.  It's like even though we are technically "more" blocky than the winter... the flow around them is still limiting their influence ... correcting blocks along/eroding them quicker. 

I wouldn't trust the big eastern Canadian cold overwhelming the sun idea of the Euro's extended either.