• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 16-17th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

Not sure I'd want to be on the southern end of the snow band for this.  There are 2 potential ways to underachieve there -- delayed changeover to snow (with this not being a particularly prolonged snowfall, even being off by 1-2 hrs could make a difference) and the dry slot.  Hope for the best.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Baum said:

His call was 0 from 5 days ago. He should be dancing given him shows him getting 3". Lesson for all; set your expectations low and you won't be disappointed. Oddly, that 18Z looks better for areas further NW in Chicago metro.

Doesn’t matter what people’s calls or forecasts are. Only the end result is important. I’d love for everyone on this board to forecast 2” on a storm sometime, and bust horribly…and we end up with a surprise 15”. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Landscape has become a mix of patchy snow and grass.  About 50/50 grass and snow I'd say.  Bigger piles are still around of course.  Some of the patches might be able to hang on until temps drop below freezing.

They are gonna around here for sure. It’s all ice really

5 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

They are gonna around here for sure. It’s all ice really

I'd say it's been a tad more resilient than I thought it would be.  Temps have been in the 50s and dews in the 40s for several hours now.  Was assuming nothing but piles would survive.  

30 minutes ago, beavis1729 said:

Doesn’t matter what people’s calls or forecasts are. Only the end result is important. I’d love for everyone on this board to forecast 2” on a storm sometime, and bust horribly…and we end up with a surprise 15”. 

download (56).jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

I'd say it's been a tad more resilient than I thought it would be.  Temps have been in the 50s and dews in the 40s for several hours now.  Was assuming nothing but piles would survive.  

Amazing what real frozen ground can do. I was shocked driving home after work at how much snow was left in places, not to mention drifted areas, and piles ofc. Lots of spring-like puddles tho too. A very March-ish feel