New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I can’t do it on my phone I need a big ass monitor.  Lol

Usually im ok on the phone, but not as good as when I'm sitting at the computer. But this is probably not a good system for me to do in-progress model comparison on the phone because of how many parts are moving on this one....like i can notice out west looks more suppressed but then the cold press up in Ontario/Quebec is a little less and that can cause conflicting signals. When I can toggle properly, it's a lot easier to see the whole map differences.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Usually im ok on the phone, but not as good as when I'm sitting at the computer. But this is probably not a good system for me to do in-progress model comparison on the phone because of how many parts are moving on this one....like i can notice out west looks more suppressed but then the cold press up in Ontario/Quebec is a little less and that can cause conflicting signals. When I can toggle properly, it's a lot easier to see the whole map differences.

Yes, Same for me, I can see ea panel and toggle between current and previous run at H5 to see where those features are trending on the computer, Never be able to do it on my phone.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

George, Navgem sucks, cmc sucks.  Pick a new 2.  If it was me I’d pick gfs and euro and rotate one of the other bad models to complete your 3 legged stool.  Maybe start with uncle but make sure he’s off the sauce.

The UKMET is hilariously bad at the surface which is where he is looking. 

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The UKMET is hilariously bad at the surface which is where he is looking. 

18z GEFS max snowfall zone goes right through us on that run.  The GEFS has been north of the OP for several runs now as there are members that think we may even been too far south… so the mean between southern members like OP and the members thinking it rains well up north goes right through us.

AAF65320-AF8A-41CA-A429-5AC6316F1C2A.thumb.png.39475bbc2fe73b404accebcaa55504b1.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

18z GEFS max snowfall zone goes right through us on that run.  The GEFS has been north of the OP for several runs now as there are members that think we may even been too far south… so the mean between southern members like OP and the members thinking it rains well up north goes right through us.

AAF65320-AF8A-41CA-A429-5AC6316F1C2A.thumb.png.39475bbc2fe73b404accebcaa55504b1.png

Looks great. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Close to a 50/50 shot here...not bad.

• Like 2

Not feeling this one for most of us S of the pike in SNE.  Ive Been on the positive side of things this season as far as feelings go, but after Saturday’s suckage, I’ve kind of had it, and I’m hedging This will be a mostly wet event for us folks S of the pike with this.

I’ll Let the modeling going forward confirm my feelings, or prove me wrong on this idea.   

I mean you can look up the model verification scores for free - the NAVGEM is an      UN -GOOD model... 

It's not designed for this type of  land-based meteorology.  It is used by the NAVY for NAVY purposes in the high seas and wave-guide.  It's not only an UN -GOOD ( fact! ) model, it is also not even being used for the right reason when you attempt to employ it's solutions and then attempt to comparing. 

Jesus Christ.  stop it.

Unless you're mentally challenged and don't understand these turns of phrases, that's another story. If that's what's going one, we'll pat your head and tell ya your doing a great job -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3