Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mean you can look up the model verification scores for free - the NAVGEM is an      UN -GOOD model... 

It's not designed for this type of  land-based meteorology.  It is used by the NAVY for NAVY purposes in the high seas and wave-guide.  It's not only an UN -GOOD ( fact! ) model, it is also not even being used for the right reason. 

Jesus Christ.  stop it

Unless you're mentally challenged and don't understand these turns of phrases, that's another story. If that's what's going one, we'll pat your head and tell ya your doing a great job -

:lol:

• Haha 1

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mean you can look up the model verification scores for free - the NAVGEM is an      UN -GOOD model... 

It's not designed for this type of  land-based meteorology.  It is used by the NAVY for NAVY purposes in the high seas and wave-guide.  It's not only an UN -GOOD ( fact! ) model, it is also not even being used for the right reason when you attempt to employ it's solutions and then attempt to comparing. 

Jesus Christ.  stop it.

Unless you're mentally challenged and don't understand these turns of phrases, that's another story. If that's what's going one, we'll pat your head and tell ya your doing a great job -

67508156-4B40-4412-8E35-ECDF8315CD29.gif.16ad8847feff2e38cbf03a529805b29e.gif

Poor george, Tip just popped his balloon.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'll take a look at this tomorrow when I go my January review/Feb preview......but like I said, my guess is not much snow south of rt 2 and especially the pike.

It’ll be a snow eater to you initially but you’ll flip to accumulating snow before it ends .. we’ll end as sleet or snow 

33 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I know its happened, just can't remember the last one, we had three sucky years though and I don't have the best memory. I remember a good one in the 90's where we got a few inches and it froze solid. PIA to move it.

Prob October 30th of last winter or 12/5/20 also. Had almost 10” on winter hill in the latter event…both started as rain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's not designed for this type of  land-based meteorology.  It is used by the NAVY for NAVY purposes in the high seas and wave-guide.  It's not only an UN -GOOD ( fact! ) model, it is also not even being used for the right reason when you attempt to employ it's solutions and then attempt to comparing. 

Jesus Christ.  stop it.

Did the Navy throw you overboard at some point?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If Euro , EPS, Reggie are right it is. I’m still hoping they’re wrong but we are running out of time . I just want ice if not snow . Would suck to lose all this snow

Forget Reggie.   12z euro had maximum temperatures in the 40s.   Believe me I’d love to lose a big chunk of this pack-it would make my outdoor life much easier but I’m not sure it happens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This weekend broke you, huh?

Ya It was tough getting 8” and watching just east get 18-24 and even some 30 inch totals. Took the wind out of my sails for sure.  

I won’t be wasting much time or investing in this unless it looks overwhelmingly positive for SNE come Wednesday.  And I’m not getting a good feeling currently. 

Congratulations to you guys out east Saturday…I’m sure it was incredible.  Winds were decent blowing the snow around here, but other than that, it pretty much Sucked here in the grand scheme and scope of things.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya It was tough getting 8” and watching just east get 18-24 and even some 30 inch totals. Took the wind out of my sails for sure.  

I won’t be wasting much time or investing in this unless it looks overwhelmingly positive for SNE come Wednesday.  And I’m not getting a good feeling currently. 

Congratulations to you guys out east Saturday…I’m sure it was incredible.  Winds were decent blowing the snow around here, but other than that, it pretty much Sucked here in the grand scheme and scope of things.  

They'll be more chances this year, don't throw in the towel over one bad storm.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

It'll rain on me too at this rate.

Pretty sure you’ll be fine in the end. Maybe a little rain but you’ll flip to snow and get plenty imho. 

Hopefully euro is being a little too amped like it sometimes is at this range. But I’m always leery of the torchy trends on these overrunning events. Sometimes they can just keep going for several cycles. 

• Like 2