Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1-3rd GHD III Part 2

Chicago Storm

3 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Just when the 12z EURO is giving me some confidence, 18z NAM lays a turd in the punch bowl. Ick.

I wouldn't worry to much. It is the NAM. One thing I am certain of is the nam will come back south. It always does that and the one constant. Just a matter of what the big boys do? Thus the unknown at this point granted today it has been wagons south which could continue. 

Good luck! 

1 minute ago, ILSNOW said:

the way this is going the wednesday forecast for Chicago will Partly sunny, with a high near 30.

Well yesterday was more north trend and today is more south so we still have tomorrow for it to come back north so we don’t have to enjoy partly cloudy conditions in Chicago on Wednesday. However not looking good at the moment. 

• Like 1

KIWX going with 6-10 inches Wed and Wed night 2 miles to my north.  KIND not biting on snowfall amounts 2 miles to my south.  Thats life on the edge lol.

KIWX

Wednesday
Rain before 9am, then snow. High near 35. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
Snow. Low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

KIND

Wednesday
Snow, possibly mixed with rain, becoming all snow after 2pm. High near 36. Northeast wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
Wednesday Night
Snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain, becoming all snow after 8pm. Low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

KIND  for Kokomowx 15 miles to the NW
Wednesday
Freezing rain, possibly mixed with snow, becoming all snow after 7am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. North northeast wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
Wednesday Night
Snow. Low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

GRR has pulled the trigger here. Ofcourse WDM is at the helm. Ballsy call is all I will say after today's runs. 

I am a bit surprised based on the GFS today/trends but he is big on the EURO and his map pretty much matches the EURO.  WDM is our most fun AFDs to read in MI.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Kind of a large range but I think 10-15" is a reasonable guess around here.  Worst case scenario would be just under double digits imo.  Favorable banding/little bump north could push things over 15"...

Heaviest band, wherever it is, exceeds 20" storm total imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

The Southern row of counties in Michigan is golden right now.

I think he meant in terms of the epic amounts. Those might end up south of the border.

But in terms of getting a decent storm, then yeah, that seems to be guaranteed for Southern MI.

• Rjay locked this topic