Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1 -3 GHD III

Brian D

2 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

There might have been some potential still left on the table with that trough evolution in the Southwest/Plains.

Thought the same thing looking at that. If we get that shortwave to amplify just a bit more and eject more intact, not only does the potential for a blizzard go up, but I could see jackpots approaching 2 feet from that wave alone given how moisture logged this thing is.

Effectively, this thing is basically two storms in one.

• Like 5

Leaned a little more amped in the forecast idea here at CLE today…suspect we may inch the IP/ZR a bit farther N with time but as a start have it for the southeastern 2/3rds of the CWA…not quite to Cleveland yet but suspect it gets there. Snow grids don’t go out through the whole storm yet here with the heaviest in OH being Thursday so the grids only mean so much for now here. Like the 12/18z GFS, 0z CMC, 12z Euro as a start for rough conceptual ideas and adjust from there. Feel like PV adjustments noted on the Euro yesterday that led to the SE bump have stopped today. Feel that with a ridge off the west coast and SE ridge/+NAO that a system heavily driven by WAA like this will want to edge a bit more amped and NW unless that PV just shears out the wave more…currently seems unlikely but that’s what to watch if you want a colder trend. 

• Like 5

Why does gfs have to tease me like this? Lol. RC had incredible afd highlighting best and worse case scenarios here. Definitely nervous about the PV anomaly and northern stream wave racing ahead leading to a more shunted 2nd wave and potentially even 1st wave. Liking the trends today and hoping they continue. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I almost wonder if there was some coordination on being cautious of snow maps on social media.  I read that line in 2 or 3 afds.  

Not sure if there was collaboration on that or not, but these insane numbers rarely pan out as modeled, plus track will change, so here we are trying to be aggressive enough to get people to stay tuned to the forecast but vague enough to not put amounts in anyone’s heads yet. Once models show all time record snow storms and a ton of ice it’s hard to stop that hype train from getting into the public sphere but we can try to at least steer the message…try the key word. 

• Like 1

• Rjay locked this topic