Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1 -3 GHD III

Brian D

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

You're close.  Official totals at Chicago ORD were 21.2" in 2011 and 19.3" in 2015.

I was just coming back to edit with the exact totals. Had to go back and check, and I did not realize that each storm technically started late in the day on January 31st at Chicago.

GHDI: ORD: 21.2", DTW: 10.3"

GHDII: ORD: 19.3", DTW: 16.7"

GHDIII:?:weenie::weenie::weenie:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, snowman33 said:

Both GHD events shifted north within the final 48 hours. Guess we'll see if third time's the charm.

Pretty sure those were both much more dynamic systems with regards to their Surface Pressures.  This is a different setup.  

• Like 1

One thing I just tweeted that I'll echo here. I'm hoping when the NWS issues headlines they keep it simple and just run a watch/eventual warning for the duration of wave 1/wave 2. No point in making things complicated when impacts will be felt from Wednesday through at least Thursday Night. But NWS IWX is already talking about possible headlines for the first wave followed by a second round of headlines for wave 2. That's overly complicated and confusing IMO. Just my two cents, not that it matters. 

• Like 4

Hey all, been awhile, thought Id jump back into the fray as winter here has s####d so far.  Except for the nickle dime half inch at a time 2 inch weenie pack from last weeks paltry clipperfest thats the only measurable snow so far.  Plus the fact i got skunked with GHD I and semi skunked (comparatively) with GHD II  I'm putting the Pagan Hexy Hex on the Chitowners for this 'possible' GHD III storm. Y'all have had yours so far. Hoping it buries the I-70 north crew from IL to OH for once.  Been riding the Euro wagon with this one, think the GFS is too slow with the arctic death cold thats coming.  Besides Im jonesing to get the dogs in the truck and go drift busting.

Probably just jinxed it lol  :weenie:

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Hey all, been awhile, thought Id jump back into the fray as winter here has s####d so far.  Except for the nickle dime half inch at a time 2 inch weenie pack from last weeks paltry clipperfest thats the only measurable snow so far.  Plus the fact i got skunked with GHD I and semi skunked (comparatively) with GHD II  I'm putting the Pagan Hexy Hex on the Chitowners for this 'possible' GHD III storm. Y'all have had yours so far. Hoping it buries the I-70 north crew from IL to OH for once.  Been riding the Euro wagon with this one, think the GFS is too slow with the arctic death cold thats coming.  Besides Im jonesing to get the dogs in the truck and go drift busting.

Probably just jinxed it lol  :weenie:

Great to hear from you as well.  Was concerned.

• Like 1

Wondering if a blizzard warning will be issued for someone? I know this isn’t a strong surface low, but the criteria will definitely be close. 

I’m really liking my position right now. Deciding tomorrow to burn 3 personal days for W-F. This could be my biggest snowfall since 2/13/07.

With the depth of the arctic air, I wouldn't be surprised to see freezing rain and temperatures in the middle to upper 20's. Ice should accrete quite efficiently wherever the band of freezing rain sets up. That combined with falling temps and strong winds Thursday Night and Friday will lead to a very dangerous combo. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheWeatherPimp said:

One thing I just tweeted that I'll echo here. I'm hoping when the NWS issues headlines they keep it simple and just run a watch/eventual warning for the duration of wave 1/wave 2. No point in making things complicated when impacts will be felt from Wednesday through at least Thursday Night. But NWS IWX is already talking about possible headlines for the first wave followed by a second round of headlines for wave 2. That's overly complicated and confusing IMO. Just my two cents, not that it matters. 

Yeah, I was wondering how the offices are going to handle it.  May not completely stop precipitating, but looks like there could be some relative downtime in some areas.

• Rjay locked this topic