• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 1 -3 GHD III

Brian D

Reminiscing a bit about the GHD 1 event, trying to think back about trends and such as the imminent storm loomed.

Back then was on Accuwx forums and Chicago Storm and RobB would team up for the 0Z runs, CS giving the details and differences while Rob would post surface, 500 vort and 750mb images from the old NCEP site.

Forums would crash if it had a transfer to MA/NE region or impactful downstream otherwise as they overloaded the servers.

Wish that forum could have been archived before Jesse yanked the plug.

Anyhow, the north trends with this one, thus far anyway, don't seem to be as impactful IMBY yet. Remember one of the runs 3 days or so out back then Chicago Storm said Hour 51 more amped "central IL crushed". I thought it was a certainty here, then the north shift started and while I didn't do bad in the end, Chicago was the one that got crushed.

From that point on, outside of 36-48 hours I count on nothing. :lol:

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, WeatherMonger said:

Reminiscing a bit about the GHD 1 event, trying to think back about trends and such as the imminent storm loomed.

Back then was on Accuwx forums and Chicago Storm and RobB would team up for the 0Z runs, CS giving the details and differences while Rob would post surface, 500 vort and 750mb images from the old NCEP site.

Forums would crash if it had a transfer to MA/NE region or impactful downstream otherwise as they overloaded the servers.

Wish that forum could have been archived before Jesse yanked the plug.

Anyhow, the north trends with this one, thus far anyway, don't seem to be as impactful IMBY yet. Remember one of the runs 3 days or so out back then Chicago Storm said Hour 51 more amped "central IL crushed". I thought it was a certainty here, then the north shift started and while I didn't do bad in the end, Chicago was the one that got crushed.

From that point on, outside of 36-48 hours I count on nothing. :lol:

ancient eons ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

ancient eons ago.

Back then with winter storms about 7:15pm locally everyone started gathering around the proverbial campfire awaiting the NAM to start and hoped they could stay up throughout the 11:45 start of the Euro.

DGEX and Clown Maps were posted in the periods between.

The EE Rule was in full effect.

Good times :lol:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Firehouse of snow lined up from maine all the way back to new Mexico hr75 on nam. Incredible developments the past 12 hrs, most noticable the orientation of the band in a nw/se trajectory. N IL and central Michigan reeling it in.

Mixing issues almost all the way up to dtw. 

Verbatim, DTW's still all snow at the end of the run, but yeah that sleet line is close for sure.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Verbatim, DTW's still all snow at the end of the run, but yeah that sleet line is close for sure.

Gotta smell the rain to get the big snows i suppose. It was looking like dtw was safe from even a north shift but who knows now lol. I was hoping the models would get their act together by the morning so I can book my flight home for this if needed. My family and friends cant believe i would leave 80s n sun for snow lol.

• Like 1

• Rjay locked this topic