• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1 -3 GHD III

Brian D

I really hope GRR has to eat a little crow on this one.  NAM says GRR is maybe back in business after watching is drift south for the last few days.  Would like to see a few more models arrive at the same solution for my area, but someone somewhere is going to get a nice snowstorm out of this.

• Like 3

Just now, Powerball said:

True.

Frankly, when considering all the model output right now, DTW's in a solid position.

Computer models are definitely full of issues, but DTW is in as good a spot as you could hope for on model consensus.  Basically square in the middle of the heavy band on the GFS and euro ensembles

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Computer models are definitely full of issues, but DTW is in as good a spot as you could hope for on model consensus.  Basically square in the middle of the heavy band on the GFS and euro ensembles

Not only that, but to provide more buffer, it's sitting squarely in the middle of the southern UKMET/GGEM and the northern Hi-Res models.

• Like 1

Just now, Powerball said:

Not only that, but to provide more buffer, it's sitting squarely in the middle of the southern UKMET/GGEM and the northern Hi-Res models.

I agree that DTW is sitting in a good spot for the front end snows and the main show and has a chance to see some of the higher totals. Im just happy theres something to track. Basically 3 months of no big dogs to track so far.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I don't know... I'd be pretty nervous if I were on the southern edge.  

The NW trend shall never be denied. 

Pretty soon we'll start hearing those on the southern end talk about an over correction and it will come back south.

Never fails and rarely happens :lol:

Congrats Chicago et al, the force is strong with you effers :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WestMichigan said:

How many think the snow totals will come down as the event gets closer or will it stay with the ridiculously high numbers the models are showing?

I would imagine that is going to happen eventually.. totals are more inline at 10:1 while everyone keeps posting Kuchera ratios. How much will they come down is the question. Willing to bet someone will end up with a foot (maybe a little more) out of this before all is said and done. 

Just now, WeatherMonger said:

The NW trend shall never be denied. 

Pretty soon we'll start hearing those on the southern end talk about an over correction and it will come back south.

Never fails and rarely happens :lol:

Congrats Chicago et al, the force is strong with you effers :lol:

Jokes aside, the undeniable Northwest trend circa 2007-08 is long in the past. A good many storms do end up coming Northwest but it is far from the guarantee it was.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Are you flying home?

I was gonna wait until tomorrow night to book my flight. Cant trust these models enough until within 36 hrs lol. Would prob fly home late tues night. Was thinking maybe even wed morning but not risking getting it cancelled since it looks like it may start wed morning. Airlines are weak nowadays, delta used to never cancel flights unless a blizzard. Now all it takes is a couple inches.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

I would imagine that is going to happen eventually.. totals are more inline at 10:1 while everyone keeps posting Kuchera ratios. How much will they come down is the question. Willing to bet someone will end up with a foot (maybe a little more) out of this before all is said and done. 

Climo brain

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

IM SURE GLAD NOTHINGS CHANGED AROUND HERE!!!!!  lmao

:D

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Getting nervous huh?  :P

We just gotta hope we run out the clock before too much more of a north shift.

Eh, I was waiting for the north shifts to happen. Too much time on the clock. Would’ve like to see them hold off until later. Oh well. Back to hibernation. :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Where is the energy from the main show coming shore? Pac nw? SW?

There are several pieces to the puzzle.

PV well north up in Canada, a disturbance currently cut off well offshore of California, lead waves coming onshore in BC/Pac NW, and then lastly another wave that will dive into the Pac NW from Alaska.

• Rjay locked this topic