Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

Imagine if we get the Euro track further west with GEM surface pressure and winds. 

5B785456-4E86-41DE-A927-FFCA83D65723.thumb.jpeg.1c27e98f955197dad53834cb9bafc985.jpeg
C73998F9-5A66-460F-8DD0-6F1C1DB75759.thumb.jpeg.570ab9fb2ddbf15f37e130d124e7c014.jpeg

You know it's getting real when Chris's inner weenie makes an appearance.  :-)

And yeah I'm def hoping for that combination!  Still plenty of time between now and the weekend though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important to remember the storm's impacts up here aren't even in the range of the NAM yet, and think of how much back and forth the models do just inside the NAM range...so people that were writing this off as solely E LI/SNE for major impacts, we have a long way to go and things can change drastically. Same goes for that latest EURO run.

34 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I just wish this was 24hrs away not 84-96. We still can’t jump head first on this. Maybe weenie first. 

Lots of time for significant trends that would affect the outcome. 

You're not wrong but it should be noted how consistent the Euro has been the last few days as well as how tightly clustered the ensembles are. Very far from a locked in position especially with the variance of the other models but it's a good spot to be in right now which, of course, can change quickly.

1 minute ago, Torch said:

We are ahead 10 points going into the fourth quarter.

This ain’t the fourth quarter. Maybe we’re getting close to halftime. “End of the beginning”? 

We have way too many battle scars from late shifts/fails on these to start calling it a win. And the other models largely still fringe NYC and have NW areas high and dry. Have to keep the trend going on the other models. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I would also dump any crazy Kuchera snow maps. Winds will lower ratios to 10-1, maybe slightly higher to like 12-1 especially near the coast. But where the banding happens will definitely produce big time. 

The “max” shown over DE is from the early closing off and maxing out lift from the closing off upper lows there but it’s way too early to pinpoint where that happens. 

That kuchera map is not that crazy IMBY. It shows a 14:1 ratio when my climo is 12:1. 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, MANDA said:

Euro control coming in now and it looks like it is gonna rock and roll once again.

In though 96 hours -  12Z Saturday with sfc low at 976 east of Ocean City and south Montauk.

Control is insane.  Saturday 18Z centered near Montauk at 967 and then sits and does a tight loop for next 6 hours before it starts to lift into the southen Gulf of Maine early Sunday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

That kuchera map is not that crazy IMBY. It shows a 14:1 ratio when my climo is 12:1. 

If you have 30-40mph+ winds, it breaks apart the flakes and lowers ratios. There’s usually a western most deformation band where ratios can be maxed but if winds are that high ratios can be cut down. 12 or 13-1 I can see but huge ratios won’t happen with strong winds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

If you have 30-40mph+ winds, it breaks apart the flakes and lowers ratios. There’s usually a western most deformation band where ratios can be maxed but if winds are that high ratios can be cut down. 12 or 13-1 I can see but huge ratios won’t happen with strong winds. 

Speaking of winds, I am rather concerned with the winds showing up for Long Island, especially Suffolk. 

3 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Control is insane.  Saturday 18Z centered near Montauk at 967 and then sits and does a tight loop for next 6 hours before it starts to lift into the southen Gulf of Maine early Sunday.

Thats how you get big big totals. If it pulls a loopdy loop, 24-30+ in the jackpot zones..

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

Better to play it conservative. A lot can happen inside of 96hrs.

The GFS also cannot be completely ruled out.

A compromise solution between the two would still leave a lot of the sub forum unhappy.

I'm assuming you meant "happy", and I agree. 

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Better to play it conservative. A lot can happen inside of 96hrs.

The GFS also cannot be completely ruled out.

A compromise solution between the two would still leave a lot of the sub forum unhappy.

Yes but the GFS has been trending west ever since 18z yesterday. It could be a windshield wiper effect situation where it goes east again but it's not like the GFS has been consistent with its solution.

In any event, conservative is definitely the way to go until a consensus forms.