• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Semantics look at 7h Holy death bands. Modeling cannot handle those 3 to 5 inch bands. We know full well,the roar as they approach is well before the snow. All is said and done modeling wise. Noise and something to talk about. Game time, warmup suits put away home game uniforms on. 

There’s way way too much over analyzing and worrying. A beast is coming 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That's a congrats for Ray/SE NH/dryslot.

Although sometimes these things have surprises. I just like to be close to the real goods on modeling and then let it play out. Sometimes I get a Dec 20 and sometimes I get scraped with frozen sugar.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It seems to create a minima around CT (we know that must be wrong), before the energy jumps east and consolidates again...

1) Is that real..

2) Is the timing correct..

Exactly....who knows if the timing on that is correct.,,if it trends later, then its just congrats ME...if sooner, then CT

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well it doesn't last....even on this NAM run it gets yanked back down to south of MVY....I think the biggest issue is the timing of it. I'm trying to think of any high-end storms that had something similar....2015 started to become very briefly elongated before being captured, but nothing like what is being shown on guidance.

Thanks, Will... at least if this goes bad, we will have something to try to blame...   I'm just trying to wrap my head around physically how long and effect a dual structure could survive... sounds like it would not be long.  Thus, the impact may not be significant.

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That is very possible...I know I find myself doing this before storms quite a bit. Sometimes I'll end up reacting and making changes to my forecast when no changes really need to be made.

I drive myself literally insane with these...after I post forecast, I'm just going to go home and inhale a package of gummies and break from wx for a bit

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we got two feet. I also wouldn't be surprised if we got 14''.

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if we got 12" in between bands, 18" from a good storm or 36" from a June 2015 band. That's just the nature of the big boys. Except for Feb 2013, there are always surprises and haves v have nots.

• Like 2

Honestly, at this point especially with a model like the NAM or some of the smaller models, you're going to get these Bumps and Jumps back and forth within the models search for 15-20 hours from the events. I think everybody I've been through so much with the way the models were going over the last several days that we just need to take a breath and enjoy the ride. This is going to be amazing

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We already know a beast is coming....but there's a real difference that can occur in the magnitude if capture is delayed a bit.

I’m not even sure the double low thing would prevent historic in eastern areas… even the models toying with that are still dropping obscene Amounts here 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Gotta trust the EURO here...you can't give yourself a popsicle headache over this shit when it clearly won't be resolved.

I do that to myself too, then I chew...and relax. But euro has tickled east at H7 some though, which was expected, but you're in a good spot. Thinking 8 is the floor here and 16 ceiling.  

• Like 1