• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

13 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

FWIW Bouchard did mention to not get caught up in the model mayhem. Taht said he is also dropping the chances for anyone to get 2'.  He also pushed the start of heavy snow back from earlier today.

No disrespect to Bouchard, but I've found him to be perennially under-appreciate snowfall totals.

He whiffed big earlier this year with our first storm here in Boston and I'll never forgive his 12-18 inches for Cape Cod in Jan 2005 blizzard. Ha!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I showed the NWS 10th/90th percentile forecasts. First time I've ever done that lol

BTW, Ryan, great description of ensembles yesterday evening -- I even rewound it to show my wife who wasn't paying attention at first.  I use ensemble predictions all the time in my own research, so nice to see you educating the public!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I thought it was a very honest and informative description as to what’s been actually happening with this thing, for the general public who aren’t aware of the goings on with this. Nice job imo. 

Thanks yeah. I didn’t want to show the same stuff I’ve been showing. Figured it was a different way to express the uncertainty which is definitely higher than normal. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JKEisMan said:

BTW, Ryan, great description of ensembles yesterday evening -- I even rewound it to show my wife who wasn't paying attention at first.  I use ensemble predictions all the time in my own research, so nice to see you educating the public!

Appreciate it! Been a weird storm to communicate but feel like we can still provide context/value that you can’t get on an app. 

• Like 3

What a mind f*!k

I mean it’s not just funny… When you get into 20 inches of snow and 50 mile an hour wind gusts and Ts the teens you got to get that shit right. That’s the difference between like the UKM the GGEM and the EURO versus the GFS. Shit even the icon is west. And we’re going to France approve it they are too!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, CCHurricane said:

No disrespect to Bouchard, but I've found him to be perennially under-appreciate snowfall totals.

He whiffed big earlier this year with our first storm here in Boston and I'll never forgive his 12-18 inches for Cape Cod in 2005. Ha!

He really does try to downplay snow totals but he is very much a river boat gambler with his forecasts. Very much likes to be contrarian .