• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

These were blockbusters in the late 1980s/early 1990s before Dec 1992. You got excited for 3-6 but 5-10 was literally "having trouble falling asleep" type excitement like on Christmas Eve. Just the chance of getting 10" was exhilarating.

Growing up in New London, I remember one storm gave us 8".  I was awed--and might have even charge a buck or two more for shoveling walks/drives. 

I'm sure glad I don't live there anymore.  :)  And fortunately, I'm now on that line from Kevin to Ray.

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It had never happened 3 consecutive before that....or since. Truly an anomaly....a depressing one for a young snow weenie, lol.

Anyways....prob not seeing 10" with this one, but can't entirely rule it out. I'd prob go 5-8" for ORH in this one.

I agree...the higher end totals are reserved for interior eastern Mass IMO. That's why I made that other graphic in my write up denoting that.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I think we are out of time as far as meaningful changes go. What you see is what you get for the most part at this point. This isn’t going to move 150 miles over the next 12 hours 

If that convection to the east fades away, it doesn't have to move any further west for a meaningful change.  But I don't expect that to happen.

4 hours ago, NeonPeon said:

If you draw a line through the middle of RI as far as its longitudinal boundaries, it won't split the state in half in terms of land mass either, because the state isn't a square.

Luckily? Glacially, the bay already does that, and it does a serviceable job of splitting the population, since almost nobody lives in the Northwestern half of the west bay.

I've been living here for over decade, and I've never heard anyone speak about east and west with regard to RI other than in terms of relation to the bay. Perhaps this is something that people on the west bay do, but people on the east bay don't. Which would only underscore the valid distinction, haha.

I don't think Charlestown is in the best place for this, but you're in a good spot and don't have to fret the P-type as is our wont. Enjoy the snow over there.  I feel like early January snow is almost a bonus here.

I think that people on the mainland such as myself generally use 95 to split e/w. But if we're talking longitudinally then I understand your perspective. 

It's definitely a special event when our neck of the woods is in the sweet spot. I agree that Charlestown is not ideal, but I'm used to getting 30% of the snowfall that the rest of the board sees so I'll be happy with whatever I get. 

1 minute ago, LovewellHemp said:

It's definitely a special event when our neck of the woods is in the sweet spot. I agree that Charlestown is not ideal, but I'm used to getting 30% of the snowfall that the rest of the board sees so I'll be happy with whatever I get. 

This is the attitude we beggars must have.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

RAP has been getting better each run it seems. Still out of its wheelhouse, but it'll be interesting to see if this carries over the 18z model suite for the big boys.

You can see how consolidated the RAP is trying to get the low by tomorrow morning...this is 15z (10am) tomorrow

image.png.5cb00bd85cad5449bede97b2f787b668.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1