Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday’s Amazing Event 12/8/21

SnowenOutThere

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

HRRR at range and 3km NAM are bone dry

This system always has had a tough road to travel.  The upper trough is too round and the low is too strung out to so it was always hard to believe the 18Z NAM and the earlier GFS models.  Still there was enough uncertainty to not completely gainsay it. I'll be satisfied with mood flakes like the 00Z model has.

• Like 14

Looking at the changes at 5H on the 00z GFS from last night to tonight's 00z run is pretty significant in the grand scheme of things. The height rises out ahead disappeared with less amplification of the lead wave, leading to a flat disturbance that leaves much to be desired. I mentioned this morning that the GFS was likely too gung-ho on the potential and the Euro too paltry with mainly nothing. I did think they would meet in the middle to a T-2" snow somewhere in the sub, and that seems plausible, although T-1" may be more applicable considering the short term trend in the strength of the lead s/w and the fact the digging s/w over Minnesota keeps getting held back a touch, which is key in its interaction with the wave over KY/WV as it moves eastward. The weaker the interaction, the de-amplification pattern downstream would hold merit, leading to a light northern edge with a sharp cutoff due to confluence over Quebec. 

Still something to monitor, but could be more in the realm of mood flakes for the Rt 50 corridor over to @usedtobe neck of the woods. Tough break, but it is early in the season still. Welcome to Nina's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

From Mount Holly lol

Welp. What had already been a multi-day southward trend in the frontal wave we`ve been tracking for Wednesday reached a crescendo overnight. The GFS and NAM essentially completed a cave to the EC solution, keeping the frontal wave very de-amplified and with nearly all of its meager precipitation shield missing south. What was already looking like a very minor event is now looking like essentially no event at all. PoPs, QPF, and Snow have been reduced accordingly. Some negligible (less than 0.5 inch) snow accumulation is still forecast, but it is definitely possible most areas won`t see measurable snow.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CAPE said:

From Mount Holly lol

Welp. What had already been a multi-day southward trend in the frontal wave we`ve been tracking for Wednesday reached a crescendo overnight. The GFS and NAM essentially completed a cave to the EC solution, keeping the frontal wave very de-amplified and with nearly all of its meager precipitation shield missing south. What was already looking like a very minor event is now looking like essentially no event at all. PoPs, QPF, and Snow have been reduced accordingly. Some negligible (less than 0.5 inch) snow accumulation is still forecast, but it is definitely possible most areas won`t see measurable snow.

Literally what I wrote above haha. A dang shame that the lead wave just completely petered to insignificant in the short term, but it happens. Looks like the "winner" of any snow in the sub will probably be confined to the Lower Eastern Shore or back into VA somewhere. 1" max, if we can even get that to occur. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Literally what I wrote above haha. A dang shame that the lead wave just completely petered to insignificant in the short term, but it happens. Looks like the "winner" of any snow in the sub will probably be confined to the Lower Eastern Shore or back into VA somewhere. 1" max, if we can even get that to occur. 

Might watch it snow on the Salisbury Uni webcam lol.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mappy said:

was there ever a north trend? it started north and has come south ever since. 

I think he means the usual minor shifts back north that we tend to see on guidance as we approach game time.

This is such a weak, strung out pos, the only possible trend from here is towards complete disappearance.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I think he means the usual minor shifts back north that we tend to see on guidance as we approach game time.

This is such a weak, strung out pos, the only possible trend from here is towards complete disappearance.

Got it. No last minute "north trend" for this one methinks. Sorry weenies.

• SnowenOutThere changed the title to Wednesday’s Amazing Event 12/8/21
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic