SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wednesday’s Amazing Event 12/8/21

SnowenOutThere

• WxUSAF changed the title to Wednesday’s Non Event 12/8/21
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic
1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This one is tricky I think and could surprise. Might not too. So, that’s my contribution.

I like the blend between GFS and Euro. Not as amped and wet as the GFS, but not scattered flurries like the Euro.

I think most here will see a dusting, or a little more than that, location dependent. 

Either way, snow in the first week of December with record warmth on the way, everyone should be thrilled. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

I like the blend between GFS and Euro. Not as amped and wet as the GFS, but not scattered flurries like the Euro.

I think most here will see a dusting, or a little more than that, location dependent. 

Either way, snow in the first week of December with record warmth on the way, everyone should be thrilled. 

I do really think that this is a fine line situation. If you go back and look at the upper levels from the runs that were good vs the weaker runs now, you can’t find real significant differences, only minor ones.

• Like 1

Disco from Mount Holly this morning on our non event- the end bit is a tad interesting given the timeframe. Cant just toss the GFS though.

We continue to track a fast moving frontal wave which could impact the region on Wednesday. Trends for several cycles now have been for this wave to be less amplified and to track further south, bringing colder but drier outcomes to the region. The 06.00z GFS made a small bump back north, but most guidance showed little change, with the EC and UKMET remaining essentially total misses. Whether correct or not, the other models have clearly been chasing the EC for some time now, and the forecast is weighted in that direction. But on account of a smaller weighting given to the GFS, there is still some light (around 0.5 inches) snow accumulation indicated for most of the region. The southward trends do suggest that whatever precipitation does fall, if any, it will fall mostly or entirely as snow. But with a very dry air mass in place heading into the event, we will need appreciable saturation and lift to generate any precipitation at all, and it is possible that will not happen. Overall, it looks like a minor or non-event, but still cannot rule out a more moderate snowfall.

17 minutes ago, Ji said:
37 minutes ago, Weather Will said:
That SREF run is 9Z so it will be interesting to see the 12Z suite. I mean I would love a 1-3 inch wide spread event…. But I guess I won’t believe it without EURO or NAM support.

The euro is not a short range model

I know that but as we get inside 48 hours today, can anyone point to any significant storm where the NAM and EURO had no precipitation???  

• SnowenOutThere changed the title to Wednesday’s Amazing Event 12/8/21
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic